Issue with trading standards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The usual action is a fine for the person commiting the offence, there are IMO no excuses about not taking ID, you asked for ID was told they didnt have any and the correct action would have been to refuse the sale. Having said that we all make mistakes. The store will probably be asked to update their training as well.

Test purchases are commonly used and if there is only 1 failure retraining is all that is normally required.

Working long hours is not really a mitigating circumstance as you have already said you asked for ID so you must have had some doubts as to the age of the customer.

But at the end of the day your company may decide to part with your services as you have only been employed for a short while, but if you are honest with any future employers then it shouldnt go against you too much.

Good luck.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

1st of all the case may not go to court trading standards may take you to court or they may not the word here is may. If you are summonsed then in the case there is really no option but to plead guilty and offer some mitigating circumstances, the fact that you were tired had worked long hors etc dosnt really cut the mustard but the fact that your store does keep a refusal book and you do make entries into will show that there is due dilligance, I assumne that all correct signage is in place at the premises?.

Your employer can also be responsible as this is an absolute offence that they can be guilty of even if they did not make the sale themselves.

You made a stupid mistake and you may well have to pay a fine but at the end of the day that is it, please dont worry too much, certainly see a solicitor and take legal advice though.

• Confused 1

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.