Spectrum Finance

Carlos Stein
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My wife unfortunately turned to this so called "debt management" company to "consolidate" all of her loans, store cards etc into "one easy payment".

I know they also operate under a few alias names like "Debt Free Me".

What they ACTUALLY do is very little, for what amounts to their £2,500 fee.

Basically they instruct you to do everything which a well organised person with no legal status could do for free! Like save a certain amount of cash in a high interest account, negotiate with lenders, that kind of thing.

What they didn't do was to inform us of an impending summons from RSB totaling some £19,500! This happened because their "contract" stipulates that all associated mail must be directed to them. So we hadn'r heard from them for about a year and then BAM court summons! Cheers!

Anyway good people: I was reading through the said Spectrum contract and it actually says

" IF WE HAVE NOT CLEARED YOUR DEBTS IN FIVE YEARS WE GUARANTEE TO PAY ALL OF YOUR DEBTS OFF IN FULL".

What a claim!

Would this still be valid?

PPS:

Talking of RSB, the summons amounted to nothing in the end because the RSB bank had actually lost a large chunk (2 years) of account transaction data relating to the period, so they just invented 2 years of "non payments" - of course when they took us to court the judge threw it out because WE had up to date records of payments and they very nearly got a contempt of court claim against them.

CARLOS xx