Wescot Credit Services

Magic1!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I took out a bank loan Dec 2007 when I lived in Scotland.

Shortly after I moved to England.

When it came to make the repayments on the loan I found myself out of work and unable to pay.

I informed the bank of this and my new address.

I never heard from them again which I found surprising.

Now last week out of the blue I receive a letter from Wescot claiming on behalf of their client for an amount roughly but not exactly amount I owed.

The bank has never informed me of passing this debt onto this agency or using them as a collector.

Now before I posted I looked through similar cases on various sites and was made aware that a debt in Scotland is void after 4 years and in England 5 years,

is this correct?

So my question is am I under England rules where I live now or Scotland rules where agreement was made?

Secondly is the debt from when it was signed or from when first payment was due?

And finally any general advice on this issue,

should I just ignore them or should I contact them?

No .... a debt in England becomes statute barred after 6 years (5 in Scotland)

In Scotland the debt is extinguished in England it still subsists until the Creditor is informed in writting that the debt is statute barred and the debtor will not be making payment.

For a debt to become statute barred IF there has been NO payment and or no written acknowledgment of the debt, any payment at any time in the 6 years restarts the clock.

Liability for a debt starts once the agreement is signed and you accept use of the credit available.

Have you been contacted in writting by the debt collection agency?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hi welcome aboard

what does your CRA file say about this debt?

see below

noddle is free

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello,

Yes Wescot send me a letter last week wishing payment for an amount, not correct amount but nearly claiming to be working on behalf of their client. So am I under Scottish law or English cause 5 years are up in Scottish law ,yes?

It will depend on the jurisdiction laid down in the agreement, it may say something like ' disputes will be dealt with under English law''.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

You definitely must check your credit files before doing anything.

I asked exactly the same question about Noddle this morning when I tried to check my credit rating. I was assured by dx that it was so I put my card info in. Unfortunately they weren't able to confirm my ID anyway, so it got me nowhere.