HALIFAX SAR- Overdraft - No Default or termination Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Requested a SAR from Halifax and they have sent me the information but there is no Default Notice or Termination Notice.

I have 2 credit reports, which I downloaded online on different occassions which show different Default dates.

I have also disputed the information before and Halifax seemed to have gone to mess up with the file following these disputes.

At one time they told me there was no Default recorded and later wrote again to me apologising for providing me with misleading information.

Currently the debt is with a DCA but the records from the SAR shows the debt has been handled with several DCAs.

Should I make a part offer/full and final offer and ask them to remove the Default Notice?

Total overdraft debt is in the regoin around £2300 which is made up of interest and bank charges.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Screwedup81

is this your credit card with all the previous threads?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i see you have been on this since 2009

still with wescot?

to be honest

if the debt contain unlawful PENALTY charges

they'll go nowhere near a court .

as there is no CCA they dont have to issue either a DN or a termination notice.

i don't think

what does your CRA file say

does a dca now own this debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Overdrafts are covered by s10 (part v exemption) of the Consumer Credit Act - therefore a correctly executed default notice IS required and the debt will be recorded on your CRA file.

They won't have a specific copy of the DN on file (not normally anyway), BUT there should be the date of issue - but one does have to be issued due to the regulation of the OD element.

Taking this to court would make them divulge the date, and they wouldprobably just give a template copy of a typical DN notice - which they hope the Judge would accpet as being issued in your case.

FYI - there are copious threads on here re ODs, with accurate advice on their regulation, have a hunt round to obtain relevant guidence (or go through my past posts to find them ) - which if handled correctly, and if you can prove that they have failed to adhere to the CCA regs pertinent to s10 (part v exemption, which is forfeited by improper compliance to s10), IMHO they will be completely disuaded from going the court route, and indeed fail when they get there, as the posts you'll read will highlight.

Hope this helps

Abs

Edited by Abby25