Ha Capital one Playing silly buggers.

huggy41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well good morning all.

just got up and found out i've got an alert from Equifax. so i logged in to find that Capital one have done a search on my file , shock horror, fire and brimstone the little b****** .

why am i so upset the answer is I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM OR ASKED FOR ONE.

so my question is how do i get this search removed as i've not given them permission to search my file.

thanks

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

thanks bigshoes

i had a do with this lot last year when i claimed all my charges back which paid off the balance and gave me a nice bit too.

so the account was closed no more dealings with them so for them to start looking at my file is red rag to a bull.

would this be ok to send to head office.

Dear Sir’s

Please take note at my utter disgust for your company.

On the morning of 27/10/12 I checked my emails and was alerted by Equifax that there had been a search on my file.

As I had not tried to obtain credit or open an account anywhere I was curious to find out more , I obtained my report to find that it was in fact Capital One(Europe) who had taken it upon themselves to look at my file.

As your company did not have my permission to do so, nor in fact any legitimate reason for doing so I demand answers to the following and please bear in mind that a simple 2 lined missive will not satisfy me.

1. Why did you carry out the search?

2. Who carried out the search (this is not a computer error human intervention was needed)

3. Why do you think you had my permission?

I also demand of you the removal of the search entry from my file within 14 days of the date of this letter failing to do so will result in me taking immediate court action without further notice.

As I will be obtaining my credit reports from all 3 agencies after the 14 days I will request that you reimburse my expenses incurred with having to deal with this matter

Huggy place a notice of dispute on the CRA file, check Experian as well and Noddle, the letter should be addressed to The Data Controller.

Don't for get you acknowledge no Liability to Capital 1.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Don't for get you acknowledge no Liability to Capital 1.

thanks Brig guess what i have no dealings with crapone at all nill, zilch, narda , nothing so for them to search is going to cost them dear

What was the search title Huggy, ''unrecorded'' ''opt in'' debt collection'' OS debt'' ''credit app'' I'd be more worried if it was the latter.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I confess I have never seen that before Huggy, may be worth an online enquiry as to what that means, ''an associate company'' of Crapone may be?