NRAM possession order.

AndyChich
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you take it into the court, tell them you have a hearing on 19th November and you need your statement put in the file for the judge to read.

We can go through the hearing procedure nearer the time. Try not to worry too much - it will be ok :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

When you take it into the court, tell them you have a hearing on 19th November and you need your statement put in the file for the judge to read.

We can go through the hearing procedure nearer the time. Try not to worry too much - it will be ok :)

Hi Ell-en, what is the latest to return the paperwork.

I can go tomorrow afternoon, will that be ok. Had to be in work early Thursday.

Tomorrow should be fine - remember most court offices close at 4pm and you need to hand it over the counter personally and ask for it to be put in the file for the judge to read before the hearing - don't put it in their letter box !

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Tomorrow should be fine - remember most court offices close at 4pm and you need to hand it over the counter personally and ask for it to be put in the file for the judge to read before the hearing - don't put it in their letter box !

Hi Ellen, I handed in the statement, budget sheet and the first page of the defense form this morning, at the counter.

I've had forms detailing the NRAM case from their solicitors.

It makes no mention of the payment agreement or our last payment.

We have had a letter today from NRAM detailing the new payment, £1458.20

Hope you can offer a bit more advice nearer the hearing date.

Thank you.

Andy & Sue

Edited by AndyChich

The new payment shows an inrease of £300 (on your budget sheet the mortgage payment is £1158) - when did they think you agreed to pay £300 per month extra?

Don't worry about what they have put in their statement - it's irrelevant as it will probably not reflect the current situation at all and you have given the judge the up to date facts and figures. Do you have proof of your last payment? how much did you pay and when?

OK, but we have put in your statement that you were pressurised into offering more than you can reasonably afford and the judge will take that into consideration. It'll be ok :)

OK, but we have put in your statement that you were pressurised into offering more than you can reasonably afford and the judge will take that into consideration. It'll be ok :)

Hi Ellen, do we need any paperwork other than the budget and statement to take with us Monday?

Thanks,

Andy.

Hi there, you just need to take your copy of what was handed into the court. Make sure you get to the court in plenty of time in case they are running to schedule. The rep for the other side may ask to speak to you before you go in - do not agree to any proposal they put to you if it is different to what you have offered - just say you will wait for the judge to decide. Quite often these reps try to make you uneasy (some of them are actually OK, but best not to take a chance).

When you get into the hearing the judge will speak to you first as it's your application - don't interrupt when he/she is speaking and if asked a question try to speak slowly and clearly. Judges understand that people are nervous in the hearings and they normally guide you through the process.

Try not to worry too much, it will be ok :)

Hi there, you just need to take your copy of what was handed into the court. Make sure you get to the court in plenty of time in case they are running to schedule. The rep for the other side may ask to speak to you before you go in - do not agree to any proposal they put to you if it is different to what you have offered - just say you will wait for the judge to decide. Quite often these reps try to make you uneasy (some of them are actually OK, but best not to take a chance).

When you get into the hearing the judge will speak to you first as it's your application - don't interrupt when he/she is speaking and if asked a question try to speak slowly and clearly. Judges understand that people are nervous in the hearings and they normally guide you through the process.

Try not to worry too much, it will be ok :)

Hi Ell-en.

Ok, no P60's, no proof of last payment made, or the offer from NRAM. What do you mean, it's our application, NRAM are seeking possession? Sorry to be so questioning. I just need to be clear in my mind. Will their rep know about or have seen our statement? Do will still ask for any legal help to support our case, when we get into court. We plan to be there at 11.00, the case is at 11.30.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Andy & Sue.

Sorry Andy, my mistake - I've been dealing with a few eviction applications and got yours mixed up.

NRAM will have been sent a copy of your statement and their rep should have a copy.

If there are duty legal reps at court then do approach them and ask for their assistance in supporting your case.

Hi Ell-enn.

Thanks for your help. We got to court 45 mins early and spoke to their rep. He had no copy of our statement or budget but did know about the agreement for £250 a month extra. We explained about £50 for 2 months then £150 a month thereafter. He said that he would put that to NRAM.

We then had the same conversation with the duty legal advisor. We expected to have to have the judge make a ruling but NRAM agreed with this once their rep had seen our budget, the same one that we had already submitted, to the court and them over the phone. The judge was OK except that she took pains to explain if we were 'a penny short or a day late' eviction notice it would be. Don't think she had seen our budget or statement! I assume the suspended possession order is in force all the time we are in arrears. I now have to make sure NRAM change the direct debit amount, as they do not accept 'faster payments' from bank accounts. Well it is only the 21st century.

Thank you once again

Andy & Sue.

That's great news - well done :) Are you able to set up a standing order for payment? that way you are still in control - if they don't re-set the direct debit properly (either date or amount), you will end up in a battle with them again.

That's great news - well done :) Are you able to set up a standing order for payment? that way you are still in control - if they don't re-set the direct debit properly (either date or amount), you will end up in a battle with them again.

Hi Ell-enn would a standing order get credited their end the same day?

Hi Ell-enn would a standing order get credited their end the same day?

Oh dear.....

Had a letter from NRAM yesterday demanding the full arrears plus 1 months payment £4800 to be paid on the 30th

Called them, the court has told them we are to pay £5000 on the 1st Dec then £150 from then onwards.

72 hrs it will take for them to contact their legal dept.

I'll call the court Monday but I'm starting to think that we should look for somewhere else to live.

Have you received a copy of the order from the court yet? Try not to worry I suspect NRAM havve read the order wrong - if you paid the full arrears why would you be paying £150 extra from then onwards?

Have you received a copy of the order from the court yet? Try not to worry I suspect NRAM havve read the order wrong - if you paid the full arrears why would you be paying £150 extra from then onwards?

No I've not had the order from the court yet.

Maybe NRAM have read it wrong.

Not really expecting this to be as easy as that though!

Going to get back to work and not worry too much.

NRAM cannot go against the order. The order from the court will take a week to come through to you so I would sit tight until you get it. Well done. Together we will beat these people!!

Logged into the website that allows you to reply to claims.

The court order is on there, showing £50 for 2 months then £150 thereafter. NRAM must deliberately be asking for all the arears, knowing we would then be in default.

They have already added this months payment to the arears too!

OK, wait for the court order to come and then send them a letter with a photocopy of the order attached. I can draft a letter for you ?

Is there a date for the first payment on the order?

OK, wait for the court order to come and then send them a letter with a photocopy of the order attached. I can draft a letter for you ?

Is there a date for the first payment on the order?

The date is 1st Dec. I would like help with a letter please.

OK, let me know when you get the court order throught the post.

Hi, help.....!

Had confirmation from NRAM that they are expecting £5000 by Sat 1st. Their legal dept. will not contact me and I have been told I need to contact the court too. I cannot pay by direct debit as they will not be taking the right amount.

Really thinking they are deliberately being obstructive. If I pay by debit card on Friday will they get the money the same day? They can say I paid late or the payment took too long to get to them. Would the court really have made that error with their legal dept.

I've seen the (N31?) online detailing the payments agreed but no paper copy yet. Can I set up a standing order now for Friday?

Can you get into your local court and take the NRAM letter with you to show them ?