blue badge in multi story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I received a parking fine whilst parked in a council multi-story car park.

The details - I was with my partner and our newborn child along with our disabled daughter. So we parked on the ground floor and displayed (clearly) our blue disability parking badge.

Long story short we came back and saw the ticket, then when i investigated, the only place it says that blue badge is not valid is on an actual sign net to the ticket booth (which is not near the entrance/exit) and nowhere else (i took pictures on my phone)

do i have any grounds or is it a case of pay up?

I now have the fine increased to £75 as i lost the original ticket and all correspondance went to my mums house as that is where my car is registered to

thanks in advance

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

We would need to see pics of the signage. can you post them up?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

thats is REALLY good english..

disabled parking [blue badge holders]

does not apply on this car park

prob get them on that alone

do not apply for what?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The Blue Badge scheme is generally for on-street parking.

The BB scheme does not necessarily apply to off-street car parks (such as supermarket,hospital or local authority car parks) and it is up to the car park owner to decide whether badge holders can park free of charge. Some do, some don't.

Do not assume you can always park for free.

I now have the fine increased to £75 as i lost the original ticket and all correspondance went to my mums house as that is where my car is registered to

I assume you have just recieved the Charge Certificate, (original £50 + 50% =£75). If so, the right to appeal is long gone. If you fail to pay they will issue an Order for Recovery followed by bailiffs clamping your vehicle

Can you post pictures of the ticket they gave you ?

If you can not, then I can not help you any further.

Expert on Parking matters, Banned by MSE ! along with other parking experts on orders of the BPA !

here to SAVE you money !

I would pay the ticket before it goes any furthur.Not worth the aggro.

Not your money is it ?

Why dont you pay it for them if you are so flush

Given the apparent circumstances that the OP has reached the Charge Certificate stage and by ignoreing correspondence which went to the addresss the vehicle was registered to, has foregone any appeal opportunities, I think that's good advice.

Posting a copy of the ticket would be of no help