Leaving work after resigning, odd salary arrangements, is this legitimate?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have handed my notice in at work and as required am working out my notice in line with the company rules (1 month).

Staff are paid salary (I am not hourly paid) on 25th of each month (or earlier if the 25th is a weekend or bank holiday) i.e. 12 times a year x 1/12th Salary

My last day of work falls on November 23rd which is pay day for that month. I have now been told that I am only entitled to an amount equivalent to 17 days pay as this is all of the days I will have worked in November. Even though this is one calender month after last pay day.

I have now been told that we are paid partly in arrears / partly in credit and that the salary payment on the 25th of each month is to cover that 'whole' month. This is not stated in the contract of employment or employee's handbook, all that is stated is that we will be paid on or around the 25th.

Is what I am being told by the company legitimate or not?

Thanks

Hi

I have handed my notice in at work and as required am working out my notice in line with the company rules (1 month).

Staff are paid salary (I am not hourly paid) on 25th of each month (or earlier if the 25th is a weekend or bank holiday) i.e. 12 times a year x 1/12th Salary

My last day of work falls on November 23rd which is pay day for that month. I have now been told that I am only entitled to an amount equivalent to 17 days pay as this is all of the days I will have worked in November. Even though this is one calender month after last pay day.

I have now been told that we are paid partly in arrears / partly in credit and that the salary payment on the 25th of each month is to cover that 'whole' month. This is not stated in the contract of employment or employee's handbook, all that is stated is that we will be paid on or around the 25th.

Is what I am being told by the company legitimate or not?

Thanks

I don't know for you specifically but lots of comapanies do this so I would not be surprised. You would need your very first paycheck to check... do you remember complaining that you had been overpaid by 4 or 5 days when you started?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!