Orange PAYG Credit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I’m hoping someone out there may have had a similar experienceto this and may be able to help me? I have been with Orange for 5 years andhave been very happy with the service I receive. I have a pay as you go phonethat I top up £10 every month. For that they gift you 100MB internet, 400 textsand 3 magic numbers.

The problem I have is that I may only use £5 of my credit overthe month for calls leaving me with approx £5 still in credit. Instead of usingthe remaining credit I then top up another £10 to get 100mb free internet,texts etc. I have carried on like this for a period of years and now findmyself in a position where I have accrued over £100 surplus credit in myaccount.

I called orange and explained all this and requested apartial credit for some of the outstanding credit I have. They said that as itwas such a large amount they wouldn’t be able to do this, if it’s a largeamount to a huge company like orange then what do they think it must be to me! Theyalso said that they can’t credit any amount and that I must use it all forcalls etc. Even if I cancel my account (which I don’t want to do) they won’tcredit any amount of credit left outstanding on my account.

I feel a bit of a little guy being pushed around by a bigcorporation. Surely they can’t hold peoples money like this. I realise that I shouldn’thave let my account get so over credit but never realised that this was ever anissue. Has anyone been in a similar position and had any success challengingorange about this?

Can you use the credit to buy "extras"? You can get minutes / texts and data using extras and use up the credit that way?

Or just stop topping up and wait until your credit runs out?

What is it you use most out of the bundle?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Check the places you use your phone most HERE and see what providers have masts closest to you for the best signal :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

They're such a bunch of shisters. how on earth do they get away with it. i tried calling them to see if i could possibly use my credit towards a new handset as im probably long overdue an upgrade (still on windows 6.5) they wouldnt even allow that!

Talk talk are doing some decent deals at the moment so as soon as my acounts dry it'l be sayonara orange.

Asda were voted Which? top PAYG, they use the Vodafone network (check your coverage on the link I provided for you earlier)

Cheap data, Three and GiffGaff spring to mind. GiffGaff use o2 network, so you can check their coverage out aswell :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar