Qatar Airways Refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help! I'm having a nightmare with Qatar Airways.

12/09/12 - I booked flights to Dubai via Doha

Later the same day I decided to cancel this booking and put through a refund request online (you can't cancel flights on the phone!)

13/09/12 I found flights with far better transfer times so I made another booking

I arrived at Heathrow and gave the checkin desk my passport and paperwork for reference for the second booking.

When I arrived at Doha, I went to the transfer desk and was told that I had been checked in on my original booking. This was a mistake made by the check-in clerk, she had obviously not read my reference number.

I explained to the transfer desk in Doha I did not want this flight as I had requested a refund because the transfer times were too long. I was informed that it was impossible to transfer me on to second booking as my luggage was already routed.

16/09/12 - I was sent an email from Qatar airways inviting me to checkin online under my second booking. I was delighted that I had been sent this communication meaning I wouldn't have to take the booking with the longer transfer time and I therefore thought there was no problem with cancelling my previous booking as I had not been sent an email to checkin for that flight.

Now I'm back they are offering me just £113 refund from my original £600 flight as it was partially used. I've explained that I didn't want this flight and it was the mistake of the check-in clerk but they're not budging!

Any ideas gratefully recieved.