dlc

fabsc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello this my first post on here,

after reading many posts on here and gaining alot of insight to the unscrupulous world of the debt collection lot,

however I received a odd letter today from DLC, an old Black Horse loan from 2005 which im disputing as its mostly PPI ,

the letter isnt a demand for payment just says creditor name Hillesdan Securities formerly Black Horse,

its gives a balance and says information only, you do not need to respond!.

theres no phone number on it anyway (not that i`d ring them if there was).

Any ideas what i do with it-im tempted to file it in my favorite place-the toilet!

agreed!

& get that PPI back then!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is there any chance the debt may be statute barred (i.e) you have not made any payment towards or acknowledged the debt in writing for at least 6 years ? (5 in Scotland)

dont think so yet as its only 4 years since i last contacted them, id be interested to see how much PPI ive paid them ( my original loan from Black Horse was back in 2002)

they are now supposed to send out a yearly statement, so this is probably what you have recieved, maybe a good idea to keep it in case they try to up the balance later

thanks i didnt even know DLC had taken over the debt, its like pass the parcel!

dont think so yet as its only 4 years since i last contacted them, id be interested to see how much PPI ive paid them ( my original loan from Black Horse was back in 2002)

Just because you contacted them 4 years ago doesn't stop the alleged debt from being statute barred as long as a payment wasn't made or admittance of the debt made.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.