Employment Screening

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been offered a job with a company that repair cash machines and electronic tills.

I would be working in their office dispatching engineers to repair faulty equipment

They want me to start tomorrow and advised me to bring in proof of ID including drivers licence, birth certificate and utility bill so they can carry out employment screening.

After the initial excitement if finally getting a job, ive come home and looked on the internet about emplyment checks.

If i was arrested but never charged, would this show on the screening check ?

Would an unpaid driving fine arrest warrant show up on these checks ?

They havent advised me what level of screening would be carried out, just what paperwork they required ?

Many thanks

Jodhi

it depends what level of screening they are doing

credit checks or CRB basic ir CRB enhanced or what? What does your paperwork say?

ETA sorry, it doesn't say, does it! You need to check what they are asking for exactly.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

They havent advised me on what level of screening it would be.

The job is via a recruitment agency and my contact there was quite vague ?

Would a credit check show outstanding arrest warrants ?

They havent said the words CRB just emplyment screening. Would i be credit checked for that role ? Or CRB checked even ?

Thank you

depends - if ther is any chance you could be involved in alll the money in cash machines you would get credit checked. They are looking for CCJs and bankruptcies mainly. Having an wee overdraft would be fine.

The unpaid drivers fine is a problem though as it shows dishonesty, which may be a problem in their line of work.

But I suspect for "employment screening" they may actually mean "proving your right to work in the UK" - were you also asked for birth certificate / passport etc?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi there,

welcome to CAG,

I know for fact the arrest without charge/ caution will not show up on a CRB check

in response, to the unpaid driving fine arrest warrant, I doubt this would show up, but cannot say 100%

good luck with your new job, I think you will be ok

Thank you. Ive almost made myself sick worrying. Someone on another forum said any arrest whether charged or not would show up, which isnt fair as they actually had the wring person which was why i was released without charge.

My unpaid fine is my fault but im quite confused about it and now frightened about checking if a warrant is outstanding. It would have been issued by HRMC if there is ?

Ive never had an employment screening done before so dont know what they entail. Especially as i wouldnt be cash handling or working with vulnerable people ??

If i can start this job, i could pay the fine :(

Thank you for your advice

I have been offered a job with a company that repair cash machines and electronic tills.

I would be working in their office dispatching engineers to repair faulty equipment

They want me to start tomorrow and advised me to bring in proof of ID including drivers licence, birth certificate and utility bill so they can carry out employment screening.

After the initial excitement if finally getting a job, ive come home and looked on the internet about emplyment checks.

If i was arrested but never charged, would this show on the screening check ?

Would an unpaid driving fine arrest warrant show up on these checks ?

They havent advised me what level of screening would be carried out, just what paperwork they required ?

Many thanks

Jodhi

Have you definitely been offered the job, or has a telesales recruitment agency simply invited you in for an interview with one of their telesales clerk, and the next stage would be to complete screening?

Aside from a candidate completing a Criminal Records Bureau check, there is also a more advanced Security Clearance Check which a candidate may be required to.

depends - if ther is any chance you could be involved in alll the money in cash machines you would get credit checked. They are looking for CCJs and bankruptcies mainly. Having an wee overdraft would be fine.

The unpaid drivers fine is a problem though as it shows dishonesty, which may be a problem in their line of work.

But I suspect for "employment screening" they may actually mean "proving your right to work in the UK" - were you also asked for birth certificate / passport etc?

A birth certificate or passport. My drivers licence and proof of address ???

X

Have you definitely been offered the job, or has a telesales recruitment agency simply invited you in for an interview with one of their telesales clerk, and the next stage would be to complete screening?

Aside from a candidate completing a Criminal Records Bureau check, there is also a more advanced Security Clearance Check which a candidate may be required to.

Ive been offered the post. I was interviewed by the actual company today and they want me to start tomorrow.

My recruitment agency contact has always been by phone, ive never been in to see them.

I wouldnt be handling cash ?

Ive been offered the post. I was interviewed by the actual company today and they want me to start tomorrow.

My recruitment agency contact has always been by phone, ive never been in to see them.

I wouldnt be handling cash ?

Good to hear.... some agency clerks are too uppity, have ideas above their station, and presume that they are Recruitment Consultants, and not merely defacto Personnel Clerks.

Good luck with the job - if you have been offered the job, then the paperwork is simply a formality.

Hi Rebecca

I think you should be ok. Generally the screening will be a basic check which will only show unspent convictions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA). Additionally, they may run a credit check but this would usually be to highlight any major adverse credit history such as bankruptcies, CCJs or longer term mortgage arrears.

The more strict levels of screening are Standard CRBs, which are required for some professions, and would show cautions and reprimands, but not I believe arrests where no further action was taken, and the Enhanced CRB, which is only for people working closely with childern or vulnerable adults, and which includes information contained in the Standard CRB together with any other information held by the police which they feel is relevant.

In my view neither the Standard or Enhanced CRB would be relevant to your position, and in any case, you should have been advised by the employer/agency that they were intending running a CRB check was this their intention.

You can also request yourself via a Subject Access Request any information held about you on the Police National Computer. This costs £10 I believe and the request should be made in writing to your local police force. However, this may differ from CRB checks as not all the information contained in CRB checks is held on the PNC.

It may be that Emmzzi has hit the nail on the head in an earlier post. All employers are supposed to prove that a prospective employee is eligible to work in the UK, and would normally require sight of certain documents in order to do this - usually either a Passport, or alternatively a Full Birth Certificate with other supporting documents. This may simply be an attempt to prove that you are eligible. If the job requires a CRB check or other screening which requires access to your personal information you should be well aware of this as you have to give permission for the employer or any other agency to conduct those searches. The fact that you don't know exactly what the employer is checking leads me to believe that this is not an in depth search, for example a CRB, however sight of those documents may also be a requirement to prove identify for the purposes of a check, so it may be worth asking the question...

If it were to require a CRB, there are two levels of disclosure - a basic CRB which will establish whether you have any formal Cautions or Criminal convictions, or an Enhanced disclosure, which enables other 'relevant' information to be disclosed from a search of local police databases - for example investigations which were not pursued, Penatly Notices for Disorder or yes, arrests without charge. Even allegations made which were not followed up and which you may never have been aware of could, in theory at least, be disclosed if the Police believe it is relevant to the position being applied for. The ECRB is mainly used where contact with vulnerable people is likely, or where there is a special requirement for the job.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

IME if you need a CRB you won't be starting tomorrow as it takes about 6 weeks! I thin it's a right to work check. So relax.