Mucky Hall fake phone number

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mucky Hall rang for my partner yesterday, me being aware of number unavailable calls etc this displayed a local number which I answered and is false. They must have been ringing from Scotland. Surely that action is illegal?

They have been searching for her under her previous name and me answering they have her, and my name is mud now also! They don't know here new surname.

Over eight years ago my partner had a serious accident, broke her neck (is ok now) but was in a neck / head cage thingy etc. Happened in between changing jobs (notice period). She couldn't start her new job and had resigned from previous job!

She unfortunately had to declare herself bankrupt (debt's from her ex- husband). Anyway that was all behind us now. Cleared from bankruptcy, built her credit rating back up etc but this Mucky Hall firm are chasing her now?

She is aware of not contacting them or speaking to them ever and hasn't. They have rang her workplace as well. Everyone has denied knowing her apart from muggins here :|

Will this go away? Expecting the calling and doorstepping and letters to escalate now.

Thanks

Besides the fact that the debt would be covered by her bankruptcy it would still be Statute Barred if she hadn't made a written acknowledgement or made payment towards the debt for a perod of six years (five in Scotland).

MH are chancers, bottom feeders in the debt collection industry and specialize in trying to collect SB and uneforceable debts.

Wait until she receives some sort of written communication from them to ascertain what the debt actually is & if it is older than six years send the Statute Barred letter.

For an idea of the sort of professionalism you are dealing with click the anthrax link at the bottom of my post. ;)

Thanks for that. They had sent a letter to our previous address, not to her, just to address saying do you know this person, we need to get hold of her urgently. They didn't of course, put the letter on the fire got some warmth out of it lol.

There have been a few instances of these ''local calls'' from MH that have turned out to be Merit Force the MH ''doorstep'' collector could be a local agent.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

And when you receive paperwork from MH or someone does call round, just quote them the Bankruptcy Number and the contact details of the Official receiver who dealt with the Bankruptcy and ignore all further communication.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

It happened to me a few weeks ago, see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?366642-New-sly-trick-from-Muck-Hall

I just checked my records and it started with 1 call on 25/9/12 and they've tried a further 6 times to date using the local Caller ID. None of the calls have been answered.

In my case it definitely wasn't a local agent as I called the number back twice, but withholding my own number. Both times I was answered "MacKenzie Hall" in a Scottish accent with call centre rabble noise in the background.

Rob

Thank you all, going mad with myself for answering. They have our home number, my partners mobile number and work number but she has never answered or spoke to them. We wont answer any calls at all now and do as you say when the letter comes or the knock at door.