Default on my file - DCA chasing

lula09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for some help please,

I applied for remortgage a while back to be told that I was not accepted due to my credit history

but I have never had bad debt and always cleared anything I have had.

I got a copy of my credit report to see a default from Studio catalogue that I have never had

and subsequently found out that this was taken out at my old address 6 years after I moved out!

The name on the catalogue is mine but spelt incorrectly and with a completely different DOB,

I told Studio this wasnt mine but they asked me to send my paperwork for my new address

which I was not happy to do considering the way they do not seem to hold accurate information.

The police advised this is not a crime in Scotland so told me there is nothing they can do.

I then left things as I ddint hear anything for a while.

About 6 months ago a debt collector showed up at my door and I again advised this is not my debt.

Another debt collection agency are now chasing me and calling me at home,

I have again told them the debt is not mine and asked them to remove my details from their system but they just do not believe me and keep calling me.

What can I do from here?

I know I shouldnt have left it so long but I am now completely stressed out and upset and hope someone can help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

If it is over 6 years old then it is also statute barred (may be 5 years for scotland) so you could write to them telling them that it is not your debt and even if it was it would be statute barred by now so you wouldn't pay it if it was yours or just ignore them

EDIT sorry advise them to remove the entry on your credit file.

what is the default date on the cra file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

If there have been no payments or any written acknowledgment made on this debt, in Scotland after 5 years the debt is statute barred and extinguished, but you need to get the default removed, so senf the following letter to The Compliance Manager of the DCA chasing the debt.

Ref: as on their letter.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx rgarding a debt to claim is owed by me for a Studio account, please take note I do not acknowledge any debt your company or any company you may claim to represent.

For clarification I am not now nor ever have I been a customer of Studio, the alleged debt is from an address that I lived at 6 years prior to the the allged debt was incurred.

I should remind you of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2011 regarding pursuingan alleged debtor when it apparent that you are contacting the wrong person, you

have been advised as have others pursuing this alleged debt is not mine and I reject any liability for it.

Furthermore I have taken advice on the alleged debt and have concluded that the matter is statute barred, so I will not make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

I now demand that you remove, cease to process all data relating to me including but no limited to my address and telephone numbers, you will with immediate effect remove all adverse data from all credit reference agency files and confirm in wriiting within 7 days that you have done so.

I have suffered the extreme embarassment of being refused a mortgage because of the default entry om my credit reference files and will be seeking recompense for the damage this has done, I will not hesitate to pursue this through the court system should you not make a resonable proposal regarding compensation.

I reserve the right to report this matter to the regulatory bodies including the Financial Ombudsman Service regarding this matter.

I expect you to treat this matter with urgency, this letter is sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery and receipt willl be tracked.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Dunno about 'I reserve the right', I would say I am fed up with slovernly companies and staff who can't do their job right and am fed up with being called a liar. They call themselves 'a reputable mail order catalogue business', I think this shows anything but and would make a right nuisance of myself if it were me.