Duplicate bank statement hefty charges by HSBC, need advise pleae !!!

SpeedyTurtle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum so please excuse me if I make a mistake while posting this. I have tried hard to find this information on this forum but could not find a definite solution

For providing proof of cohabitation during last three years, I need bank statements from HSBC for last three years before 14th of November. What I need essentially is a documentary proof describing

1. the transactions for last one year

2. the fact the account was in my partner's and my name for last three years.

I was told that HSBC would charge me £1 per sheet of the bank statements and the total cost might amount to at least £70 assuming two sheets per statement.

Given that Natwest has provided me the statements for free for last three years, this amount seems quite unreasonable and extortionate.

Can a status access request ( SAR) be an option in this case. Could somebody kindly advise me what can I do in this situation. A customer of HSBC for ten years, we are seriously thinking about leaving it now.

Many thanks

Don't apply for individ ual statements, send the a Subject Access Request which the maximum charge for is £10.

You will get back a lot of information and included in this should be all your statements.

Thanks very much conniff for your reply. I have read that bank has 40 days to respond. Could this be a problem if I need the statements before 14th of November? Do I have to specify the reason for SAR ?

cheers

No reason is needed for an SAR, you can bet they will think you are looking at charges etc to claim back. They initially have 12 days to respond and must deliver by 40 days. You should be able to get a stay for supplying the statements by showing the receipt you will get by day 12.

You should be able to get a stay for supplying the statements by showing the receipt you will get by day 12.

Thanks once again Conniff. I dont understand the above, could you please elaborate a bit more, sorry for my ignorance in these matters :(

I'm assuming it's a benefits office that wants the proof. I am sure a department like that would accept that the statements are on their way, if they don't arrive in time, by showing them the receipt you should receive for the SAR by day 12.

You could ask them now what will happen if your statements arrive late.

• Confused 1

I'm assuming it's a benefits office that wants the proof. I am sure a department like that would accept that the statements are on their way, if they don't arrive in time, by showing them the receipt you should receive for the SAR by day 12.

You could ask them now what will happen if your statements arrive late.

Sorry I should have clarified this earlier, it is for British Home Office and they need to see the statements on the day of appointment.

Join online banking and get your statements (up to 6 years) for FREE - check if this is acceptable at the home office though

then click register top right (next to red login button)

Do you mean join the internet banking and provide them online bank statements printed at home ?

Can you not walk in to your branch and get them printed? If they ask for a charge in branch, go to another branch - it really depends who you talk to to be honest with you!

You should be able to get them free.

And yes if you do have online banking, or if you can get it (most accounts have access to it, but you got to get activation via your bank usually) then you can view/print as many times as you like for free of course, as well as make transactions etc online.

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.