Default removal - Lowell Portfolio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I had a default placed on my credit record from Lowell regarding a phone contact with Three that I havent paid off. The default was placed 14/03/11. I have written to Lowell to proove that I am the debtor and if not to remove the default, using the following letter.

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref:********

You have contacted me at my previous address () regarding theaccount with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself. Ialso note that a ‘Default’ has been placed on my credit report by Lowell dated14/03/11. I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt beingowed to Lowell. I am familiar with the ‘Office of Fair Trading Debt CollectionGuidance’ which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to anindividual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. I wouldalso point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursuethird parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collectionactivity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you areusing deceptive/and or unfair methods. Furthermore, ignoring and/ordisregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuingto make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychologicalharassment. I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the aboveaccount unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt inquestion. I would also ask that the Default placed on my credit report isremoved.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. OtherwiseI will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standardsdepartment and consider informing the OFT of your actions. We look forward toyour reply.

Yoursfaithfully

I have sinced recieved a letter from Lowell stating

"Upon further investigation, we must advise that there is inconclusive evidence to prove that you are our debtor." "Your personal details have been removed from our database".

There is no mention of the default. How should I progress forward in the hope of getting the default removed? Should I contact Experian and Equafax or should I contact Lowell again.

Thanks