HSBC re-applied chargeback to my account following "investigation".

jtaylor23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Four weeks ago Ariste Holdings aka Cash Genie debited four transactions totalling £503 from my account. I won't go over all the details again but they were completely unauthorised and unexpected. So I got some much needed advice from CAG and got my money refunded by my bank the following day, via chargeback. Several days later I got a letter explaining that whilst the bank had refunded my money they were now to investigate the charges and respond within 21 days saying it was possible the charges will be re-applied to my account.

So needless to say that on the 21st day from that letter (yesterday), the bank had done just that and debited £503 from my account once again! On calling them and speaking to the fraud investigator who is apparently in charge of my case I was told that they had spoken to cash genie and that simply because they had my name, address and phone number, the charges were legitimate and so authorised. This by the way, is EXACTLY what he said! He told me there was absolutely no way of getting my money back and to take it up with cash genie.

I rang cash genie knowing full well they were not going to be of any help whatsoever but did so just to satisfy the bank's request. They said they were allowed to take money whenever they wanted simply because I owed them it. £180 was the total amount owed if that makes any difference.

I'm now left in a worse situation than I was originally and would like to know where to go from here. Ultimately, to get my money back for good! I'm prepared to write letters etc. and know this isn't going to be a quick and easy process but I really don't know where to start and even where I stand. Just a link to some template letters would be helpful to get me going. I have searched the internet but found absolutely nothing relating to chargebacks being re-applied to a customer.

This is a very brief summary of the whole saga so if any more details are needed or would help then please ask!

Thanks,

We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companie

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works!

banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers !

This fsa guide has now been updated:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/consumer_...ghts_guide.pdf

Here's the text:

Cancelling a regular

card payment:

When you give your credit or debit card

details to a company and authorise

them to take regular payments from

your account, such as for a gym

membership or magazine subscription,

it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’

or ‘continuous payment authority’.

These are often confused with direct

debits, but do not offer the same

guarantee if the amount or date of the

payment changes.

In most cases, regular payments can

be cancelled by telling the company

taking the payments. However, you

have the right to cancel them directly

with your bank or card issuer by telling

it that you have stopped permission for

the payments. Your bank or card issuer

must then stop them – it has no right to

insist that you agree this first with the

company taking the payments.

Be aware, though, that you will still be

responsible for paying any money that

you owe.

see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority(2-Viewing)-nbsp

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/know_your_rights/solving/index.shtml

dx

did you not write after the chargeback clearly stating they are not to honour any CPA requests?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and thanks!

I didn't send any letters no. I spoke to the bank over the phone about them taking any more money and they guaranteed me that no more money would be taken or paid to ariste holdings ltd.

But that was all. What does this mean?

nothing send the CPA letter recorded and get back on the phone under CPA refusal too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...