Horwich Farrelly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

My partner has received a letter from Horwich Farrelly Solicitors which funnily enough have the same address as Robinson Way Ltd dated 17/09/2012. The letter concerns a so called outstanding debt of £95.18 which originally came from British Gas about 2 years ago. When he first started receiving letters from British Gas we replied to them, sending everything proving that the gas reading they had (from his old flat) was incorrect, then the debt passed to Robinson Way and we sent the same proof several times. We have even phoned them but about every month he receives a letter from Robinson Way, some we keep, some we shred just cos we get fed up with them. No charges are ever added on to the amount they say he owes and it's probably cost them more in postage over the months than the value of the original debt. They don't even have his name correct.

My question is can we start sending them back saying this person doesn't live here?

Yes Yes, I'm weird. I tried being normal once, was the most boring 5 minutes of my life!:madgrin:

Just ignore it for now, or if he gets annoyed, send the the prove it letter, and also a demand to stop sending mail to your address.

From the second they receive that letter, they can only continue contact if they have proof, otherwise they will be in violation of their credit licence, and possible harassment.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you for your swift reply. I think it's me that gets fed up more than my partner as it's my house, my address. We got very tired of sending the same proof over and over again and they just didn't listen/register that they'd got their facts wrong.

If this keeps going on are they likely to send the big boys round as most of the contents of the house are mine but I've had them so long i can't actually prove ownership now. And is this likely to go against my partners credit rating or mine as I own the house?

Yes Yes, I'm weird. I tried being normal once, was the most boring 5 minutes of my life!:madgrin:

Never send a DCA anything like that. Just ask THEM to provide proof. It is up to THEM to prove you owe the debt. Not for you to prove you dont.

As for bailiffs, thats a long way off, if it even every happens. Which is very unlikely for the tiny amount you have. They may say they are sending field agents or doorstep agents around, but in reality, those people have as much right as a goldfish to be at your door. Your neighbours cat has more rights than they do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I LIKE the suggestion that they have to provide proof. I think I can be upbeat about this again! Can have some fun with this I think.....

(I'm not letting the neighbours cat in though I'm allergic LOL)

I LIKE the suggestion that they have to provide proof. I think I can be upbeat about this again! Can have some fun with this I think.....

(I'm not letting the neighbours cat in though I'm allergic LOL)

Look at it this way. If i sent you a random letter that said "You owe me £1000 for so and so a reason", and didnt provide proof of my claim, what would your first words be to me? ;)

Look at it this way. If i sent you a random letter that said "You owe me £1000 for so and so a reason", and didnt provide proof of my claim, what would your first words be to me? ;)

you don't want to know trust me you don't.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

you don't want to know trust me you don't.

Which is the exact reason im amazed that nobody ever seems to question DCA's trying to get money.

Thank you for all the advice and smiles. The next letter we get will be replied to by post!

Just a side note, depending on what they send, you can post it up here minus any personal info if you like. Most DCA's word their letters cleverly, so it seems as if they are going to do something, but in reality the letter is full of "if's and might and mays".

This is the last letter we received from Horwich Farrelly Solicitors:

London Scottish House

Quays Reach

Carolina Way

Salford

M50 2ZY

Date 17/09/2012

Dear Mr Wrongname Balance due: £95.18

Creditor ROBINSON WAY LIMITED (EX BRITISH GAS) Reference No: xxxxxxxxx

Account No XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We have received instructions from Robinson Way Limited to claim from you full payment of this account. We urge you to take steps within the next two weeks to resolve this matter.

The steps you can take include:

- making full payment

- agreeing a payment plan you can afford, to clear the debt

- contacting our client directly so your circumstances can be considered

You can contact our client directly by telephone on 0845 605 1366, or in writing to Robinson Way Limited, Quays Reach, Carolina Way, Salford M50 2ZY. Alternatively you can email our clients at payments@robinson-way.com or you can deal with this at our clients' website: http://www.robway.co.uk.

Please do not ignore this letter. Our clients wants to agree payment terms with you without having to take further action, so please get in touch.

Yours faithfully

Harwich Farrelly

Call our client now to pay using a debit or credit card - or visit our website http://www.robway.co.uk to pay online or to make a payment offer.

Other payment instructions, including giroslip, are set out overleaf.

Hmmmm all through the letter it's our client this, our client that and at the bottom it says" Call our client now to pay using a debit or credit card - or visit OUR website http://www.robway.co.uk to pay online........."

Think this one will be ignored as the others have been!!

• 2 weeks later...

Another letter arrived today:

CBTC

East Terrace

Euxton Lane

Euxton

PR7 6TE

10/10/12

Dear Mr Wrongname Balance Due: £95.18

Our Client Robinson Way Ltd (Ex British gas)

NOTICE OF HOME VISIT

As there is no arrangement for payment of your account in place, your unpaid account has been sent to this office. In the next few days I may ask a local representative to visit you at home to agree an affordable payment plan for this account.

If you prefer to pay or agree an affordable pay plan direcly with us, OR if you want to arrange an appointment for our local representative to visit:

Call us on 0161 743 2662 between the hours of 8.00 am and 8.00 pm Monday to Friday and 9.00 am to 4.00 pm Saturday.

If you prefer, you can deal with this online at http://www.robway.co.uk or email us: pauline&robinson-way.com

Our staff are waiting to take your call.

Yours faithfully

(Scribble)

SECTION 8

Branch Controller

Copied exactly, the misspelling of directly is real!!

I think their staff are going to wait some more!

Diesellily,

Firstly, if you havent done already, send an email to customercomplaints@britishgas.co.uk, put in bold letters at the top 'Formal Complain' advise that you are concerned to have received letters from Horwich Farrely in relation to a disputed outstanding amount on this account. Advise that you will deal, only in writing with British Gas and request they send proof as to the amounts owed, copy final bills and a full statement of account. Also have you checked your credit files, British Gas like to add default markers on overdue accounts.

Without sounding baised, the complaints team at British Gas are quite good and should be able to look into it for you ;)

Good luck

• 3 months later...

I question every DCA letter that has come through the door for my partner. Out of 6 DCA's only one was actully genuine. One i got forced to remove the default from the credit file and we were awarded costs, buy getting the The financail Ombudsman involved and all the others gave up just because they were not able to provide us with the proof.

The only one that was genuine still would'nt provide us with any proof so i went direct to Phil Bentley of british gas and made a formal complaint and he and his team provided us with the proof needed, so the DCA got paid and we gat a £25 M&S voucher off the DCA, so bonus.

Your right, everybody should always fight these idiots and get proof, also forward everything on to the OFT and The Financial Ombudsman. I realy go to town with them with my letters. Full of legal bumph and excerts from the OFT's Guidlines, but at the end of the day they are the ones who have to provide you/me with the proof and not the other way round.

I love to kick their asses