WCA Today then..............

Simon7685
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well guys the time has come, I have to attend my ATOS WCA this afternoon. It is supposed to be a recorded one but then again lets see.

I fully expect to get the obligatory ZERO points, not that I am cynical of their methods or anything:-( but it will be par for the course.

So some advice/guidance from others is wanted, just to mainly back up what I know and what I expect from here.

1. Assuming I am found fit for work what should be the process from there on?

2. I am not due to receive my IS again until 15 Oct, do I assume that this will be paid, or does it stop immediately?

3. I am on IS on disability grounds at the couple rate, I also get the Disability Premium as well because I get DLA (High Mobility/Low Care). If I have to appeal what level of income can I expect to get?

4. If I accept their findings and get pushed onto JSA, I understand that my money would remain the same, JSA IB couple rate with DP payable due to getting DLA. Am I right with this?

5. I have read about peoples DLA being stopped following a WCA, when found fit for work, this was in the earlier days of ESA. Is this still happening routinely, or has it stopped?

I can't think of anymore questions right now but would appreciate any pointers. I will report back after my interrogation.

Oh are they likely to give me any indication, or can I ask what their recommendation will be and will they tell you?

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

:Hiya Simon7685:

Wondered where you'd got to with getting an audio recorded interrogation.

Doubt you'll get any indication whatsoever as to the Atosser's recommendation. You should know that Jobcentreplus's decision makers are fully empowered to decide your entitlement to benefit. :lol:

For now, get off to your messical and make sure the Atosser takes it at your pace. And try to make double sure that everything you feel to be important gets said and recorded.

In so far as any encounter with the Atossers goes well, best of luck, Margaret.

I'll give as much info as I can about the implications for your benefit entitlement in a separate post.

:Simon7685:

To the best of my knowledge; but jobseekers and disability living allowance aren't my strong points so others may be better able to advise.

Your current payments will continue until a decision is made about your eligibility for employment and support allowance. Could be any time between now and next year.

Fit for work;

Claim jobseekers at whatever rate you're entitled to.

Or;

Appeal the fit for work decision and if your doctor will supply Med 3 (unfit notes) claim assessment rate employment and support allowance at whatever rate you're entitled to. Rate for a single claim is £70ish a week.

An award of employment and support allowance with work related activity or support component;

£100ish per week for a single claim.

In theory a fit for work decision shouldn't affect an award of disability living allowance. In practice the ESA85 report from a work capability assessment can suggest a change of circs and trigger a review of disability living allowance.

Regards, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Oh yes I forgot about IS being paid in arrears............. not like me where money is concerned it must be the stress of it all.

ANYWAY I AM BACK FROM THE SHORTEST ASSESSMENT IN HISTORY..........................

When the new Appointment letter arrived it did not mention anything about the WCA being recorded. I decided it was not my job to ring round asking them, I had already done that bit.

So I arrived went into the receptionist, who took ID and asked for a signature to compare with that on my passport. I was then shown to the waiting area. There were 2 assessment rooms both with not nice looking growlers inside:scared:. After waiting about 5 mins one of them came to the door and shouted my name. (Why shout we were the only ones in there?) I asked to use the toilet before starting. I usually have to go whenever I stand up, just part of the problems I have.

I went into the room and was told to sit down and I mean TOLD. The conversation went like this;

"Do you know why you are here?"

I replied "Yes" immediately followed by, "do you mind if I ask, is this assessment being recorded?"

She replied "NO did you ask for it to be?"

"Yes"

"Well there is nothing in the file". "You can cancel this one if you would rather it was recorded.":jaw:

I said "without my benefit being stopped?"

"Yes I would have thought so but obviously I can't speak for the DWP"

I said "well I would prefer it to be recorded"

"OK follow me"

So off we went back to reception where I produced a copy of the letter I sent off to ATOS when I first asked for it recording, the receptionist asked if she could keep it, I said yes. She then telephoned someone and the end result was that they would cancel the appointment and ring me when they could arrange for the equipment to be brought from Leeds and the doctor is available to carry it out.

So that is that, back to square one. Part of me is relieved I don't have to face the results but part of me also wishes that the whole saga was over with, as it is beginning to affect me health wise too. I know this only delays what will be the inevitable result and probable nil point score but having requested a recorded WCA in the first place I think it is the right thing to do.

I did not refuse to have the assessment, as I was not asked if I would have it, so there should be no grounds for them to stop my benefit. However this is the DWP and ATOS we are talking about. I will write to the DWP and ring them to confirm all the details and am seriously thinking whether I should complain to ATOS, over their handling and cock up.

As we left the security guard was outside having a fag. She said "that was quick", we explained what had happened and she said I should complain. She also said you should ask for a home visit as well as those ones in there are bitches:jaw:.

So perhaps I had a lucky escape today.

Can't believe that nobody has got anything to say??

wow thats very stressful, but at least you werent forced to taking it as it was.

When I turned up mine was recorded and I still dont have a result. Since having the WCA my stress levels dropped even tho I dont know the results yet I do no longer have new appointments been made twice a week that I had to keep cancelling.

You should have told the receptionist to photocopy the letter, you should NOT have let them keep it unless you had a copy. Bad move there... you would be surprised how they can 'loose' this information.

It was only a copy of the original letter I sent to them, which I have on my computer, so it didn't matter if she kept it. Although I could have saved myself the ink costs by making them copy it:lol:.

To be honest I was just glad that they didn't try and force me to go ahead with it without the recording. I need to contact DWP and just make sure they arent going to stop my money because I didn't have the assessment, they shouldn't but then again this is the DWP and ATOS we are talking about!!

How long have you been waiting for your result then?

:Simon7685:

'Can't believe that nobody has got anything to say??'

Say what I really think n I'll be :rant:ing all night so I'll give :frusty: an outing.

One can never be completely certain with DWATO but if you've not yet received a BF223 letter for failure to attend/submit (one usually drops through the letterbox two working days after the alledged failure) you're probably in the clear. However, if you've not done so already, I'd confirm what happened in writing to Jobcentreplus. Over many years, paper trails, all confirmed by recorded delivery, have got a friend and myself out of numerous scrapes with DWATO.

How long one holds out for a recorded messical has to be individual choice. I've a very personal reason for an recorded interview. But because DWATO, deliberately in my opinion, make the whole issue as difficult and stressful as possible, not everyone can cope with the extra aggro without it adversely affecting their health/finances. The only 'right' thing to do, is what's right for each of us at the time. Which can include covert recording :wink: or notes.

Until the next round, look after yourself, Margaret.

:Subject Access Requests:

No longer relevant to this thread, but for anyone who needs to know;

Jobcentreplus don't charge for subject access requests. Once the request has been acknowledged, usually within a few days, Jobcentreplus have forty days (not working days) to respond to the request. Currently, it's taking up to sixty days!!

Atos don't charge for subject access requests in connection with benefit claims. However, they ask 'customers' to think about where the required info is held cos once a disability assessment is completed, a file containing; the ESA50, the ESA85, medical evidence, letters about appointments, DLA paperwork or whatever, is returned to Jobcentreplus.

Most of us will only need to subject access Atos if we're in the middle of an assessment or we need to re-visit a previous complaint.

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

• 3 weeks later...

Update time...........

I decided after some thought not to write to DWP detailing what had gone on. I wrote the letter but then opted not to send it, as I decided rather than give them the opportunity to sanction me, I would see what happened. Bearing in mind it was 13 days to my next payment I thought if they were going to they had plenty of opportunity to get in touch and if they were going to sanction me, would writing change anything?

Anyway here we are a few weeks down the road, there was no sanction and then today I have received another appointment. This time for 13 November, the letter does not say that the appointment is to be recorded.

Should it say on the appointment letter whether it is to be recorded or not?

In my experience it will say on the letter if it will be recorded. As I said on the 'recording assessments' thread, unless you like wasting your time and their money, ring and ask and if they've ignored your request again, complain.

If you want to keep everything in writing email custrelations@atoshealthcare.com, though you might have to insist that they pass your message on.

• Haha 1

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thanks for the email address RMW, I have fired one off this morning as follows;

Dear Sir/Madam

ATOS Assessment booked for 13 November 2012 @ 0920 – Scarborough Medical Examination Centre

I have received a rescheduled appointment as detailed above. Can you please confirm whether this appointment is for the recorded assessment originally requested? The last appointment I attended on 02 October had to be cancelled due to no recording equipment being available, this obviously resulted in a waste of your resources and everyone's time.

The staff at the centre were very helpful and contacted the relevant people on the day, who advised that a new appointment would be given once the equipment was available to facilitate my request. Unfortunately this appointment does not state that the assessment is to be recorded and I do not want to be put in the same position again of wasting everybody's time.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future with clarification on this matter.

Yours faithfully

Well didn't expect it to be replied to so quick:shock:

Thank you for your email. I have checked with our resource team in Leeds, and they have confirmed that audio recording equipment will be in place for your assessment on 13th November at the Scarborough Medical Examination Centre.

with regards,

Maggie

Customer Relations

Atos Healthcare

So it seems like it could be Game on and fancy it being the 13th, at least it isn't a Friday:madgrin:

So do I now contact them the day before to confirm, or just turn up with a copy of this email?

Who thinks it WILL be there come the day and thinks it WON'T be available and they will have to cancel?

Don't be shy, answer underneath please..............

So do I now contact them the day before to confirm, or just turn up with a copy of this email?

[/color][/color][/size][/font][/left]

Depends how much you want to waste their and your time. If it's quite close and not too much hassle to turn up, why help them? Definitely take a copy of the email with you though.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.