Dreading to go to work- Bullying & Harrasment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently started a role a few months ago and there is a colleague who has been undermining me from the 1st day. I am told that I was never on her list of prefered candidates and that she would have hired someone young, bright, ambitious than me. Apparently it was the bosses decision to hire me.

Recently there are other ideas that my colleague wanted me to support her so she could pass them over to the boss and this would then have been implemented by me. The ideas would have been a serious policy violation with a third party and I refused. Straight away after my refusal )same conversation) I was then informed that the company was actually thinking of getting rid of me in three months time because of poor perfomance.

I asked my boss regarding this dismisal a few days later but she seemed to agree and undermined me even more.

My confidence has been completely knocked off and some of my colleague have also even started to undermine me.

What can I do?

You need to issue a complaint. First though, arrange a meeting in confidence with your boss and outline your grievance. Chances are that your boss doesnt have a clue whats going on, and this colleague is simply feeding him/her lies.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I don;t understand your relationship to this colleague. Seems to have a lot to say for someone who is not your boss?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

She is a PA and was partly involved in the recruitment process.

I vave a had a meeting with boss who seems to be clearly on her side. The boss started raising even more issues and that high performance is expected of me and compared me to another colleague who seems also overloaded and extremely stressed.

The reality is that if this is a small company and you are on probation then complaining is going to get you nowhere but out the door. Not fair, but usually how it goes.

Therefore I would be asking what specifically they would like you to do differently, and how. I would play the game while you look for a job elsewhere in a workplace that that is more suited to you.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!