Thames water sent a bill for £2700?!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. I have a situation and I'm really confused what to do. Me and my bf live in a rented house. Twoo weeks ago someone rings the landline and asks for someone who we've never heard of. My bf answered the phone and said that this person doesn't live here. They ask for his name as a referer and he gave it to them. Last week we receive a bill for £2700 dated 3 years back till now. That was a really nasty suprise. When we moved in we signed a tenancy agreement(it's just my name on it) that the rent we pay each month is inclusive of all utility bills. Once we received the letter, my bf called them straight away and told them that he is not responsible it's the landlord but they said they charge the consumers not the landlords and that the tenacy agreement is a private one and they don't care about it. The landlord refuses to pay this money. What do we do so that we clear the debt off my bf's name?

I hope that someone helps with ideas. It will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

It is a 3 bed house and the whole time our landlord has had a pond in the back garden with his Koi fish in there. May be that's the reason the bill is higher. The point is that we have paid him regularly the rent but he hasn't bothered to pay the water at all.