Service History Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I have part exchanged my older car for a newer model. I told the dealer the car has full service history but that the book wasn't stamped. I can't find the receipts for the servicing .. Now after I and the dealer has signed the paperwork, loan agreement and sales invoice is there anything the dealer can do if I don't supply the receipts/service history ?

Yes. Possibly sue you for fraud by misrepresentation.

I would seriously advise you to back out of this if you can - as a minimum he could easily claim the difference in value between what you told him he was getting and what he actually got. Probably 33% of the value of the old car and possibly 100% of it if a car with no service history is not compatible with his portfolio.

Yes. Possibly sue you for fraud by misrepresentation.

I would seriously advise you to back out of this if you can - as a minimum he could easily claim the difference in value between what you told him he was getting and what he actually got. Probably 33% of the value of the car and possibly 100% if a car with no service history is not compatible with his portfolio.

Would you be happy if he told you the car you were buying has full history. And then when you collected the car he said sorry I can't find the history anywhere.

A lot of this would depend on the make, age and mileage of the car you were selling. If the car is over 6 or 7 years old then the service history is largely irrelevant unless it is some sort of exotica. Service history is important up to around 5 or 6 years. After that it is largly irrellevant to the price of the car nowadays. A mis concieved idea in my opinion. A reallity check needs to come in again. Most cars leave the dealer network after 3 to 4 years and very few manufactuers will cover issues over 5 years old unless made to do so. It's also no guarantee as to the quality of the car.

Times havemoved on, so does SOGA and trading standards.