Statutory demand from 1st credit

vinegarvera
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Send CCA request to them. Service appears to be faulty. They are supposed to try to serve by hand twice and then post it by Royal Mail. Sounds like they just sent it in the post. Don't think they can do that.

Find out the last date of payment for the HBOS/Halifax credit card to see if within 6 years.

If you do the set aside within 18 days of the SD being received, as long as you give reason that would need to addressed in a proper county court process, then the set aside would be granted. If you send the CCA request and they don't come back with it, you can include that.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

UB is on the money with the advice as always.

If you want to see how other people have been successful defending set asides then have a look in the legal successes forum.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?190-DCA-Legal-Successes

You probably already know this, but Ray is right too - "nothing" is not an option. No matter what the rights and wrongs are - you must defend or you will be facing bankruptcy by default.

Thanks All, i have had a little look around at the latest SD's and am really scared. I intend to fight all th way, my hubby lost his job last year and we were one week away from repossesion. KLuckily he go a job just in time and we paid our arrears. i am not going to let them bankrupt me and take my house.

Just not sure on what grounds I can set aside.

Thanks All, i have had a little look around at the latest SD's and am really scared. I intend to fight all th way, my hubby lost his job last year and we were one week away from repossesion. KLuckily he go a job just in time and we paid our arrears. i am not going to let them bankrupt me and take my house.

Just not sure on what grounds I can set aside.

You have got a little bit of time to spare, so can get together a set aside argument with a little help on CAG.

I suggest sending the CCA request for now. If they don't or cannot supply, then that would be one reason. No CCA.

For a set aside you just have to enter something, where the court will look at it and say that there is something that a judge may want to look at within a proper process. From I have read, most set asides are granted.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Everything coming up for statute barred at the moment? Out of the blue, I have received an SD from 1st credit for an old RBS/Halifax credit card...

So assuming these 2 threads are about the same account, it would certainly be interesting to know what happened regarding the case linked to, and whether there was a result either way!

Rob

I think it may be a good idea to to write to them explaining that it has been in dispute since 2007. (which it obviously has) Did you see the letter in the link above ? If they don't respond within 7 days then apply to set aside. It may also be a good idea to SAR the original creditor too...

Received the following on Saturday:"I write further to your XX October 2012 electronic Mail in realtion to the above matter.The contents have been noted, and we confirm that we formally withdraw the XX September 2012, and would advise that we are not aware of any dispute in the mattter.I would be grateful if you could forward me details of your dispute so in turn I may make enquiries of the origional creditor.We confirm that no further action will be taken against you by us until the matter has been resolved.".... and the bad grammar is not mine.

Great! do you think I should do anything else now?

I suspect that they want details of the dispute, as they are being lazy. If you gave the details, they will just write back saying that the dispute is not relevant and they will continue with collection.

I would therefore suggest that you just reply saying that the paperwork is now in safe storage and ask that they contact the debt owner/original creditor for copies of their records on the dispute.