Ppi Claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

I just realise what PPI was about and i start to claim to Barclays for my overdraft on my current account that i have since 10 years , i send them a email on their complaint page . Is it ok ?

But i also have a barclaycard since 8 or 9 years and i can see on my online statement that i payed something like £12 a month for PPI as my minimun repayment . Can i claim that asweel ?

and i use to have an EGG credit card that i finish 6 years ago , i started it in 2002 i think , can i claim asweell ?

And i had a lease with Renault business finance that finished 5 years ago , can claim aswell ?

Thank for your help ,

colassou

Welcome.

Take some time to read around a little - especially in the PPI forum in order to understand what PPI claims are all about.

You can claim PPI if it was missold to you, for instance if it was added without your knowledge, if it ws unsuitable for you - for instance because you were self-employed - or if you were told that the PPI was a condition of getting a loan.

As the above have mentioned, to get a refund of PPI you need to have been mis-sold (as in; weren't told it was being added, told you had to take it to get the loan, sold it when you already have similar insurance, were self employed etc)

If the above don't apply to you and you just genuinelky took it out as you wanted it, never made a claim and now just want a refund, technically you wouldn't be entitled to a refund, but a lot of companies see it as more cost effective to refund, than to fully investigate each case.

If you've claimed against the policy, i don't think you can get a refund.