I left Nationwide, can i still claim?

JennaRichards
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to this, but have had numerous problems with Nationwides unfair charging in the past. i actually left nationwide closing all my accounts with them about 2 years ago now... would i still be able to claim back any charges from them? Of the time left for me to reclaim from them, i still have about £800 i'd like back.

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone else.

Hi

Welcome to the forum, the more people we have on board the more strength we have in our continuing fight against these unlawful charges.

To answer your immediate question, yes, you can claim back charges over the last six years - even when you have closed the account. I am sure you have a great many other questions on this though, and would therefore advise that you to have a look at the FAQ's:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

In the same section you will also find a step-by-step guide which will help you through the process. The most important thing to do though, is to spend time looking through the forum at the experiences of others.

It is advisable to spend at least two days doing this - I understand that you are in a hurry to get your money back - but time spent now in learning and understanding the process will benefit you later. It could also save you from making costly mistakes.

All the best with your claim. Please keep us informed of your progress, and remember that we are all in this together. If you meet any problems, or have questions that are not answered elsewhere (and most have been), please post them to the forum.

Thanks for sucha quick reply!

I'm reading through the entire forum at the moment. Its a bit of a daunting thing and i want to fully understand what i'm doing before i claim anything. I have read the step detailing how to go about it on Martin lewis's site, so once i feel savvy on the subject i'll have a go and let everyone know how i got on.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent the PLR on the 19th of April. I sent it recorded and have just tracked it and it *has* been received.

Obviously in the letter it gives them 14 days in which to reply. Tomorrow will be the 14 day if i count weekends and easter, so i'm guessing i should wait another week to make up for that, as it should be business working days yes?

Either way, having read this forum recently, it seems people have had refunds back but no letter in response.

Having closed my account with nationwide a while back, i'm assuming they would send me a cheque with a letter to refund me the fees (if they do refund) and not reopen my account?

Also is there anyway to see the poll results without filling it in first?

MODERATED post moved to original thread

It is 14 days not 14 working days . You can send your LBA as soon as the time limit you gave them is up.

You can always look in the litigation concluded to see who has recieved what back and at what stage.Bear in mind though that not everyone who recieves their money back informs us so there is no true picture.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

It's up to the individual .usually they do a DPDR get a reply from ' ??? ' send future corrospondence to that person .When it comes to putting in a claim then you name your local branch .

Hope that helps

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Ok, its been 14 days since the first letter was sent, given it would have taken a day to get there, i'm giving it until tomorrow to recieve a reply. If i get no letter back tomorrow then i can either send the letter before action or i am tempted to send the original letter again, but to one of the people who's names keeps cropping up in the replies people are getting.

Also, just a quick point... there was something mentioned in the news about banks getting excessive amounts of complaints recently, so obviously everyone is catching on. However there was talk of the banks giving refunds on the condition that the person sign a non disclosure agreement. I am assuming if this is the case then you are still entitled to the refund without signing this agreement.

Its disgusting, and i'm fighting them all the way!

Just a little update...

I sent the premliminary letter for repayment on the 15th April, Had no reply so i sent the letter before action directly to Charles bacon via email. Since a few people seem to have had success this way i think it is the best contact to use.

Fingers crossed i get the same result as others.

Ok... I emailed Charles Bacon the other day with my LBA. Today i get through the post a reply from Pat Everett saying.

'Your complaint has been sent to me by Deborah Desborough, Team Manager, member Account Servicing. I've just recieved the papers and will be reviewing them as soon as possible. Once i've finished, I'll write to you with my findings.

The Financial services Authority (FSA) allows us 8 weeks to investigate before you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your case. this ends on 16th June 2006, and we expect to be able to reply to you by then if not sooner.'

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Well i'm not sure what step i'm at.. just recieved word back after having sent LBA (see above for reply)... so i'm assuming i'm going to step 3 and thats filing the claim against them yes? Is that the part where i actually go to court? or could i still potentially get a refund before i gets that far?

Guest Lueeze

Ok file the claim online if you can, we have templates for you to use.

You will have to pay £30 upwards depending on the amount of claim. Then wait.

They will either

1. Defend the claim, and then either Pay up once the allocation questionaire is submitted

2. Let you win on default, and you have to apply for Judgement

3. Just pay up as soon as its filed.

Either way its very unlikely you will have to attend court!

Lou x

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks