New sly trick from Muck Hall

robcag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many of us are aware of DCAs using multiple numbers to try and get through to us on the phone,

but I've just discovered that Muck Hall must be getting desperate to reach me considering they've been trying unsuccessfully for some time!

I don't know if anybody else has had this happen to them, but they've called me today (unsuccessfully again unfortunately for them) using a number on my own area code.

Most of the attempts to reach me have been to one of my VoIP numbers,

but my router has the facility to block ranges of numbers so I took advantage of that several months ago just after I'd googled their numbers!

However, about half an hour ago I noticed there was a missed call from a local number.

Normally I would just ring back and enquire but as the 'local' part of the number (second numeral) didn't fit the normal format I decided to be slightly more cautious.

Googling didn't produce any results so I decided to call it (but withholding my number by prefixing '141'). Lo and behold a scottish voice announced "Muck Hall"!

It's not a coincidence that one of their numbers just happens to be the same as my area code (in Cornwall)

but rather a deliberate attempt to fool me into answering a call which displays as local, so watch out for that little trick CAGgers!

Oh well, just going off to block another number range in my router.

Rob

Edited by robcag

yeah I've had that little trick done, I told them that as they appear to be in my area I would visit them to save them sending out door step collector......he hung up on me

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Yup - had that before!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Could always inform their local trading standards about it. Theyve already amassed a pretty big file on them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Actually in the PDL forum, we've seen Trading standards come down on them pretty hard. They also give the MH five days to resolve a complaint before they start action against them now, unlike FOS who give them 8 weeks.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The joys of a telephone transfer system, might be worth investigating the telecoms code of practice to see if this is allowed.

It was probably a VoIP number as these can be obtained cheaply or even free of charge with the area code of your choice (I have several myself).

Which raises the question of; Did Muck Hall obtain this number just to try and get through to me? That is a possibility but I doubt I'm the only 'customer' they have within my area code.

However, it did occur to me after I'd called the number back (withholding my own number), that if I'm the only person they've called using that number, then if they have actually noticed they've received an incoming call on that number then it is a fairly easy process for them to deduce that it was probably me.

But hey, I'm forgetting that to work that out would involve the use of multiple braincells, so no chance! Not that I give a **** anyway!

Rob