Ex's bankruptcy and our [joint?] mortgage, she wants to grab and sell - please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, don't know if anyone can help me but here we go.

My ex wife went bankrupt in 2007,

I bought her share of the house and the land registry was transferred solely into my name after it was finalized.

Unfortunately after the financial mess she left me in

I have had mortgage arrears which I am still paying and therefore couldn't take her name off the mortgage

but I was informed by her trustee that it was on paper only and she had no financial claim on the property at all.

My ex wife informed me that she is applying for her name to be put back on the deeds and the land registry so she can sell the property from under me, can she do this??

I have all the paperwork from her trustee and she hasn't paid a penny towards the house since 2007, also the house is in negative equity.

Would be grateful of any sort of help before I see a solicitor.

I was under the assumption that the land registry would have to write for my consent.

Thanks in advance

It doesn't sound like your ex-wife has any title to the house at all, since you bought the legal title from her bankruptcy estate (and even if you only paid £1, it's yours) and she cannot have accrued any new title if she hasn't since paid anything towards the mortgage.

Nobody can just 'apply' to register an interest or name to the deeds of a property - it requires either consent or a court order.

However with domestic matters, there can always be complications and of course we don't know what your divorce settlement said about this, and when.

There was no divorce settlement as within a month of the divorce (2007) she was bankrupt and she hadn't been living in the property for over 6 months.

Our mortgage provider and the land registry have both stated that she has no legal rights to the house as I bought the estate from the bankruptcy early 2008 and is name only on the mortgage.

I am obviously concerned as she has said she is seeking her name on the deeds however I have received no such paperwork as of yet and don't want the lose the money myself and my parents paid to buy her share as it is now my family home with my new partner and our children.

I am considering ringing her trustee but I am under the assumption that her bankruptcy is now ended.