SPEEDING fines - someone please help me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am in a terrible state, I hope someone can help me.

I had 6 speeding tickets, same camera

From jan to about may this year. A friend

Of mine uses my car often so figured out she was

Driving on those dates and sent her name and address off.

Today I had a call from the met Police asking me to meet them to discuss this. They wanted to come to my house

But I said I wasn't comfortable so said I would come to

The police station (as lets face it how do I know they are police)

Anyway they have asked me to come in trow morning at 8am

My question is, what are my rights? I'm worried because she no longer lives in the country and were not friends anymore. What also worries me is, what if it

Was me driving and I've said it was her? I'm sure I've got it

Right, I was at work on those days but my mum was very ill and my life's a mess so I didn't know if I was

Coming or going at the time

Please anyone some advice would be GRATEFULLY recieved before trow morning.

Thanks P

X

what happened with those tickets, did you say they were hers on all occasions? or have you accepted some of them?

were they gatso cameras, flash from behind or trevu flash in front ( wiil have picture of driver)?

Most people notice the flash when caught, so you must be sure it was not you.

The police want to interview regarding the claim that it was not you driving ( as registered keeper ) and blaming somebody else, so you have to be sure and get friend to own up for the dates, and you can prove it was not you.

If they suspect you are deceiving them they will consider charging with trying to pervert the cause of justice, which is very serious ( potential and likely jail sentence ).

If they mention this or are considering this charge then you stop talking and get a solicitor quick.

In fact would suggest you speak to a solicitor before going to the police station!

Yes her on all occasions. She is out of the country, I don't have contact for her anymore..

It's one of those cameras that looks like a CCTV camera, but is yellow, so assuming from the front? But there very high up so 50/50 on photos

They have said they want a chat and not necessarily and interview but I'm very aware of saying something wrong.

I am 90% sure it was her driving but now that small niggles telling me something's wrong. I know she isn't the role model citizen so maybe she doesn't have a license anymore?

So do I go into the meeting and just tell them what's happened? What if they pull out a photo of me driving? Do I then not say anythin and get a solicitor or do I just say I made a mistake? Or if they show me a photo and it isn't her driving? I'm so confused

I really don't know what to do. I know anything I say is critical should I get in trouble here.

Thank you for the advice.

If you have the dates then you simply need to ensure you have proof that you werent driving - if you were working then perhaps a statement from a colleague / employer.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

you should know the dates as they would have been on the forms they sent you regarding the speeding tickets!!!! you would have had one form for each offence!

good luck anyway, the only general advice I can give is tell the truth and dont try and get clever, that will make them suspicious and may just charge you anyway.

This situation seems a little odd, but "Attempting to pervert the course of justice" may get mentioned later on by the police.... I'd be inclined to go "no comment" entirely if you are genuinely not guilty until solicitor present AND the evidence has been reviewed....

You asked what are your rights:

=To remain silent or go "no comment"

=You don't have to turn up for your appointment, but you may be liable to arrest or summonsed

=You can have a solicitor / free, initial legal advice

If you are guilty, I'd recommend full co-operation with the police at an early stage.

If you are unsure of something, ASSUME the worst, (i.e. they have full HD colour pictures of you driving), and act accordingly. They might just be fishing at the moment.

Edited by firstclassx