Disapearing debt!

waterminx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Any advice at all on this would be very much appreciated.

There is one credit card debt I havent heard a dicky bird about since they responded to my SAR in 2009. No letters, no calls. Nothing. Nada. Niet!

BTW the card agreement is about the size of one of those slices of processed cheese they put on burgers and absolutely does not conform in any way to CCA regs.

I recently spoke with the CCCS who, I understand, ran a credit report on me. This debt was not listed.

Its a bit of a mystery!

Am unwilling to contact them.. for obvious reasons. Sleeping dogs and all that.

But it wasnt peanuts - circa 12k - the biggest of my debts. And I am looking to do the DMP thing.

Do I just let it lie?

Ta

Minx

Which CRA did CCCs use? personally I would check Experian or Equifax again.

When was the last payment or acknowledgment made on the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for the response.

I hit the money-wall December 2008 and made a small part payment in January 2009. I got the response to the Subject Access Request in August 2009.,... literally nothing since! Not a word.

I dont know who CCCS use. They didnt say.

I have never done a credit report before. Have found Experian and Equifax online - am always a little suspicious of the 'free offer'! Is it really free??? Whats the catch?

thanks

Ah

Bit of a snag...

Experian have nothing - like none of my debts - so assume they have just used the address my current bank has - ie where the statements go. Its not the same address as the one my creditors have - a mailbox address.

I gave both but they can only have used one in their search for nastiness!

Equifax wont accept my card cos its not registered to my 'current' address.

So ... its all a bit of a b*ggers muddle really!

before you go with CCCS i'd pers get reclaiming and CCA everyone too.

or, do the DMP yourself!! its easy!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi -

Oh I CCA'd everyone at the same time - and two of the three card agreements were totally not ok. But I understood that things had changed and a non-enforceable CCA didnt make any difference??

And - Yes - not a sausage since the SAR in August 2009. The CCA was real but almost an ancient document! And of no earthly value to anyone. It was literally the size of a fag packet... (dunhill or st moritz - not embassy)

I was not convinced by the CCCS - although they were kind and helpful - they are like the CAB - following a one-size fits all formula and I would bet I have underwear older than the 'advisor' I spoke with. Bless.

So - am doing my own DMP. And will not include this debt - after a double double check of correspondence, Experian (now i updated the addresses a bit) and hopefully with Equifax.. eventually.

Not sure what I can reclaim either, to be honest - no PPI involved and I am not 100% whats possible to claim.

AND - to top it all - I believe the loan I was sold was questionable. So I need to kick off a bit about that. Somehow.

Have a bit to do - but - not an impossible situation.

Sigh

Thanks again

A non enforceable cca means just that if it is from pre April 2007 as that is when s127(3) was repealed. However it is possible that they could recon a cca that would meet s77-79 but would still not be enforceable as i believe waksman said the original should be available. Also there are lots more to it than just s77-79. Default notices,terminations etc are just examples.