We cant afford food... Please help me sort this mess

the_pest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Disingenuous? That's a big word from someone that obviously struggles to compose a post that isn't grammatically challenged.

I'm actually quite surprised given all the anecdotal evidence you have, that you can tear yourself away from the benefit fraud hotline for long enough to post on here.

So rather than address the issue I raise you prefer to make a personal attack on my writing ability, use of language and attack my integrity - I rather think you make my argument far bettter than I ever could.

Tinks

:|If you're going through hell, keep going! :|

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like you've read far to many Daily Mail type stories and bought into government propaganda blaming all of a struggling individual's ills on the 'lazy, scrounger, benefit culture'. Maybe do some research on the true figures of fraud, yourself, before spouting this type of nonsense here.

Your making an assumption based on your own personal views - don't attribute ideals, ideas or leanings to me of which you have absolutely no knowlege.

Whether or not you know any fraudsters personally (if they are really fraudulant or you just think they are) they are not representative of the majority.

To make the assertion that the majority of claims are legitimate you must have access to a huge array of information that is not currently available to the authorities...obviously not true.

Tinks

So rather than address the issue I raise you prefer to make a personal attack on my writing ability, use of language and attack my integrity - I rather think you make my argument far bettter than I ever could.

Tinks

Address what issue? The fact that other countries treat their citizens poorly? A subject that has absolutely no bearing on the benefits system in the UK, there is nothing to address.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

To make the assertion that the majority of claims are legitimate you must have access to a huge array of information that is not currently available to the authorities...obviously not true.
DWP fraud figures for the whole of the financial year 2010/11:

• 0.8 per cent of benefit spending is overpaid due to fraud, amounting to £1.2 billion, and
  • This proportion is the same as in 2009/10.

the estimates for different benefits:

• Retirement Pension 0.0 per cent;
  • Incapacity Benefit 0.3 per cent;
  • Disability Living Allowance 0.5 per cent;
  • Council Tax Benefit 1.3 per cent;
  • Housing Benefit 1.4 per cent;
  • Pension Credit 1.6 per cent;
  • Income Support 2.8 per cent;
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance 3.4 per cent;
  • Carer’s Allowance 3.9 per cent.

The figures clearly show that 99.2% of claims are estimated not to be fraudulent therefore your argument does not hold water, as I stated in a previous post get your facts right before spouting rubbish.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Humm think we sorta jumped the point of my post..anyway many thanks to those that helped n understood where i was coming from... As far as i am concerned my problem has now been sorted and hopefully things will be on the up in future..Thanks again x

Humm think we sorta jumped the point of my post..anyway many thanks to those that helped n understood where i was coming from... As far as i am concerned my problem has now been sorted and hopefully things will be on the up in future..Thanks again x

You deserve the best hun,,I hope it all continues on the up for you and your sons :)

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Address what issue? The fact that other countries treat their citizens poorly? A subject that has absolutely no bearing on the benefits system in the UK, there is nothing to address.

This issue!

Sorry but it is relevant to the 'entitlement' attitude that is all too prevalent - it is not an entitlement, it'is as the word implies, a benefit. What isn't helpful is to keep saying 'there, there. it all the fault of the horrid system' because it removes personal responsibility...I am so glad that the OP has found support -within that system- and she is getting some help for herself and her sons, as she is clearly in need of it. But the support shouldn't be seen as a life long option, as some unfortunately do. When it is in this lgiht, it stops people from taking steps to get themselves out of it.

Tinks

To the OP - I really hope that now you can see there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel for your sons that you too find something to get you back on your feet….it wasn’t my intention to diminish the difficulties you have, rather to hope that you channel your frustration and anger in the right direction so it helps you…you have got a lot of support not just on here but evidently from a variety of agencies,, I hope it’s a springboard to a much better situation for you.

As for the attacking posters…perhaps you too could channel your evident anger in the right direction – it may galvanise you into making a positive change …who knows, it may improve your situation, but at the least it would I think certainly improve your attitude.

But the support shouldn't be seen as a life long option, as some unfortunately do. When it is in this lgiht, it stops people from taking steps to get themselves out of it.

Many of us have good reason to be on benefits for most or all of our life.

Sorry but it is relevant to the 'entitlement' attitude that is all too prevalent

Oooh I know. You only have to take one look at the ars* h*les (sorry MPs) that help run this country to see perfect examples of that. :D

Many of us have good reason to be on benefits for most or all of our life.

Sorry but you are simply looking to cherry pick my comments out of context and find something to which you can take offence…efforts that don’t move the discussion on – and simply picking odd bits out of my posts and then ignoring my response…to then cherry pick another bit is just plain antagonistic.

I am happy to discuss my viewpoint, and take on board the differing opinions of others, without getting personal on how people write, or the language they use, or imply they have no integrity, or assert they are ‘spouting rubbish’. However, if someone just wants to argue they can find someone else.

Tinks

If this discussion is to continue, everyone needs to be civil.

Tinka, I think you need to bear in mind that this is a forum expressly intended to help those with problems relating to their claims for various benefits. So, of course, a fair number of members here are claiming benefits, or involved in the system as benefit staff or welfare advisers. None of these groups will take kindly to you thinly-veiled suggestions that the majority of claimants are fraudsters. Please cease this behaviour immediately.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

you thinly-veiled suggestions that the majority of claimants are fraudsters. Please cease this behaviour immediately.

Did you read my posts? Of course, I understand that some will have complained about my views (why you are here, after all) and as such see my opinion as having no credibility at all as they have misinterpreted or chose to misunderstand....after all I merely left school at 14, pregnant and married at 17, was attacked and shot at, saw someone have the bottom half of their face shot off, had PTSD, clincal depression, anxiety disorder, addiction to prescription meds, be left on my own with 3 children in a new location with no friends and family located over 100 miles away and on benefits...that I got off benefits, off meds, a job, a car, a home...on my own without a partner, does not fit with this forum. As such, I shall not post again. Evidently it is better to be entrenched in your views that it is all the fault of the system than perhaps accept there are alternatives.

Tinks

Enough already. I asked you to cease this behaviour, not to repeat it. Thread closed.

OP, I'm glad things are sorted for now. Feel free to open a new thread if you need further help with anything.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks