style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hahah that awesome news. Well done to the bailiff friend.

Now what you and your bailiff friend needs to do is report these auctioneers for pretending to be bailiffs, when infact all they are are low rate auctioneers.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahah that awesome news. Well done to the bailiff friend.

Now what you and your bailiff friend needs to do is report these auctioneers for pretending to be bailiffs, when infact all they are are low rate auctioneers.

Have suggested this path with much passion. I was so glad he pulled his head out the sand, and in part it was because this thread got started making him realise that things weren't as hopeless as he first thought.

I hope all goes well for him. Especially since its HMRC's fault and not his.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I hope all goes well for him. Especially since its HMRC's fault and not his.

Exactly, HMRC are getting down into the gutter with DVLA in their incompetence, the problem is they can and do make it up as they go along, and as they are the Taxman, and can hide behind the crown, they are basically untouchable. So any debtor challenging them even when they are wrong, has an uphill struggle, There will be many caught up in the PAYE mess up who will be being threatened with distraint daily, even when HMRC have messed up and they owe the money.

Glad Op has sorhed things for their head in sand mate.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

HMRC are getting down into the gutter with DVLA in their incompetence

I dont think even HMRC can ever get down to that level brass. Thats a level reserved solely for the DVLA.

In addition to reporting Davey and Davey for offences under Section 135, County Courts Act 1984, it would be a good idea to run this past the trade body that represents auctioneers and valuers as well as Mr Davey's professional body. Somehow, I don't think they are going to be too happy about his conduct. What's the phrase they use, "Bringing the profession into disrepute".

As for any property Davey and Davey has seized and sold, this should be investigated by the police as any distress they have executed may well be illegal, in which case, goods seized and sold could be regarded as stolen property.

naughty little fleecers.

i wonder how long this as been going on?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But as the Taxman was the creditor, they will probably ignore it, even coppers get scared of the Taxman if they cock up their PAYE and demand a couple of K underpayment. Of course the Taxman had better watch his back after that though, but as Jamberson has explained about at risk civil servants, , they all can hide behind a non de plume

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thats why all my tax bills etc go through my brothers accountant now. Not by my choice, but by my brothers when he found out about my debt a few years ago. I doubt HMRC would want to try and argue with him, as his accountant handles a couple of companies accounts heading into the tens of millions of pounds area.

Thats why all my tax bills etc go through my brothers accountant now. Not by my choice, but by my brothers when he found out about my debt a few years ago. I doubt HMRC would want to try and argue with him, as his accountant handles a couple of companies accounts heading into the tens of millions of pounds area.

That's why HMRC attack the soft targets, those who may well be owed a rebate, but HMRC have cocked up, but will pursue for the wrongful bill until the alleged debtor pays up or tops themselves due to the stress

I think it is your vision that is in doubt. The text is plain as is its meaning - "We offer a complete service for High Court Enforcement/Bailiffs agencies with removal and disposal of assets." Note that it says "for" not "of". i,e they just collect and flog stuff. If they are operating as private bailiffs there are no regs/rules etc. and they have no powers (unless conferred by statute). For CPE they are 'deemed' and 'as if'. i.e they have no powers but are given the colour of law. For HMRC I would have to look up how that is given 'colour'..

As the OP stated, a certified bailiff has already checked things out and davey and davey have said that they are bailiffs, even though the bailiff registers do not have them listed. They also said various things on the phone to the certificated bailiff which he found laughable enough to report them and to instigate proceedings against HMRC.

I think it is your vision that is in doubt. The text is plain as is its meaning - "We offer a complete service for High Court Enforcement/Bailiffs agencies with removal and disposal of assets." Note that it says "for" not "of". i,e they just collect and flog stuff. If they are operating as private bailiffs there are no regs/rules etc. and they have no powers (unless conferred by statute). For CPE they are 'deemed' and 'as if'. i.e they have no powers but are given the colour of law. For HMRC I would have to look up how that is given 'colour'..

That would be correct lamma, as I thought they were merely removal and sale people, but there is now additional information where it seems they actually claimed to be bailiffs also.