Argos Card Exploitation .. advice needed

Arup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Issue Summary:

I had been complaining to Argos that I was not receiving the statements. I made the payments over phone as per what they told me over phone last October. I was told that I will be receiving the statements subsequently , so will be clear as to the payments I made. I still did not receive and again I called. The customer service was rude and told me to pay fine and dropped the phone when I complained. I again called Argos customer service and kept receiving confusing narration about my payments over phone, everytime advising me to wait for the next month bill. One person told me that I had to pay 94.5 something and that was final. I did that but again I received call from Argos asking me to pay money. I again called customer service and they were confused and asked me for to wait for the next statement. Then one customer service Nathan told me that the original person who was rude with me actually mis allocated my payment and that is why interest was incurred.

I then wrote letter and they did not reply for 4 months , every month they sent me a letter asking me to wait for another month, until I got frustrated. The lady then called me and told me a lie that she sent me response a month earlier, whereas I got the response after another 16 days and it was stamped inside. So it wasn't postal delay but rather a plain lie told to me.

In that letter she told statement was sent to me then .. and then .. and then ... and she did not mention anything about the customer service who himself said that the fault was within their department.

I again complained about it and explained that they did not reply to my queries, but the team leader sent me a letter saying proper investigation has been done . thats it.

Now what should be the way to tackle this. They have now sent me a copy statement which they could have done 6 months back. Instead they kept me awaiting for the monthly statement period which I was never receiving.

Without the statements it is very difficult to understand , but despite after calling more than 20 times I have managed to make the complete payment with few days delay.

This is torture . Can somebody advice an effective way to teach them a lesson. I can pay off £70 and put a coffin to this matter. But I don't like to be exploited, so want to do something effective even if it cost 10 times that money.

Hi Arup,

This is a good example of why you should avoid dealing with matters and complaining by phone.

Always make complaints in writing and send it by Recorded Delivery if you need to prove they get the letter.

Argos should respond to your written complaint.

It seems to me that you need to write to them confirming your address and ask them why they are not sending you a statement each month.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)