• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, just joined long story short i have been a perfect home customer for just over a year had no issues with them until they started collecting card payments from a business account i had used one time, WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

This happened 6 times week after week, and every week after complaining to the store manager i would have the reply of "well how were you going to pay your account this week?'' which would then send me into blind rage for the cheek of the remark, resulting in the manager apologising and stating it wouldnt happen again.

I have since cancelled my cards and received new ones but i am now refusing to pay them anymore.

Im now receiving what i can only describe as their bully boy tactics (laughable at best) seen scarier teenagers in bootle

Since no credit check was completed by perfect homes im not bothered about becoming a bad debtor with them i just want to know my rights

can someone please advise

PS I do not want any advice how to bring the account upto date or resolve the issue about the fraud all telephone calls were recorded.

Thanks in advance

to be honest perfecthome id rather get advice from someone other than representatives of perfecthome or temple finance. im exhausted of the 15-20 calls per day i receive from my local store.

Its not like your company has the customer at heart nor do i want to wish to listen to anymore lies about how i have to have "OPTIONAL SERVICE COVER" how your guys will come into my home and reclaim your goods.

and as for the police coming to arrest me for theft of goods or even better obtaining goods by deception. i can see why you prey on the vulnerable.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i have been in contact with citenzens advice cause i am having problems with them to they were taking double payments each week off me and then saying they coudnt refund it me it would go into a little account so if your short 1 week you can use it which was no good to me they were leaving me short so i cancelled my cards to and never paid them again i havent paid for 9 weeks.

they have harrased me phoned me every day 10 times a dsay so changed my number they have contacted my family member who have told them they dont speak to me so they dont carry on getting harrased and visited me at home and my partner said i left him n took stuff with me so they used police scare tactic which is rubbish citizens advice told me they cannot take the goods back without a court order as they are not baliffs and they cannot call police because its not a criminal matter its a civil matter as we havent done anything iilegal its just breach of a contract and they dont take you to court either my sister was supposed to pay them 60 quid a week n stopped paying ignored door everytime they came n changed her number n they eventually got fed up she hasnt heard from them for over a year and never retunred any of the goods and she says they dont even send her letters n she had a tv, washer, sofa and cooker from them.

im riding it out n seeing where it goes as i have a bed and matress and a tv i pid on for over a year and no way im returning them as you still have to pay

I ordered a double bed from Perfect Home but they couldn't get it in the 10 days they promised so I bought a bed elsewhere and it was delivered in 2 days.

I had to go in the shop to cancel and was told the 2 weekly payments already made would be back in my account in 24 hours. They didn't however mean my bank account but some dodgy savings account I suddenly had with them.

They are still taking weekly payments 7 weeks later and I didn't buy a thing!

I have phoned 3 times and now they say I have to go in the shop to get my money back!

Worse still,I was mis-sold insurance. The cost of the insurance was added on without telling me & when I asked if the insurance cost extra they said it was included in the price (which by then it was) I even asked if it cost less without insurance and the saleswoman repeated it was included in the price quoted - COMPLETE [problem]!

I'm going into the store this weekend to get my money back but I don't expect it to be easy

its kind of funny ive had their customer relations round, I've had the assistant manager round the manager round now temple finance are knocking everytime they knock i just sit there and let them knock and knock and knock some more then when the cheeky beggars look through my window i sit and waive at them its hilarious especially when its pouring down with rain.

Listen at the end of the day perfect home dont have a leg to stand on in court either my cousin is a solicitor and his wife is a police officer, so they take you to court the judge laughs them out because:

1: stupidly amount of apr they charge on their products

2: the cover protection THAT YOU MUST HAVE

3: doorstep harrasment and bully boy tactic (you need to video this)

Perfecthome are a joke, they'll also try the we just want to help you sort your account out ultimately they just want you to pay up or give the goods back.

WELL NOT ME I'M NOT GIVING ANYTHING BACK, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED PERFECTHOME BROKE THEIR CONTRACT WITH ME BY TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT END OF THE MATTER.

Edited by caro
Potentially libellous remarks

its kind of funny ive had their customer relations round, I've had the assistant manager round the manager round now temple finance are knocking everytime they knock i just sit there and let them knock and knock and knock some more then when the cheeky beggars look through my window i sit and waive at them its hilarious especially when its pouring down with rain.

Listen at the end of the day perfect home dont have a leg to stand on in court either my cousin is a solicitor and his wife is a police officer, so they take you to court the judge laughs them out because:

1: stupidly amount of apr they charge on their products

2: the con that is the cover protection THAT YOU MUST HAVE

3: doorstep harrasment and bully boy tactic (you need to video this)

Perfecthome are a joke, they'll also try the we just want to help you sort your account out ultimately they just want you to pay up or give the goods back.

WELL NOT ME I'M NOT GIVING ANYTHING BACK, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED PERFECTHOME BROKE THEIR CONTRACT WITH ME BY TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT FRAUDULENTLY END OF THE MATTER.

Haha love it waving at them through window I havent had the pleasure of them nosing through my windows yet that will be next step as I haven't paid for 9 weeks n not paying them a penny more it's there own fault for letting people have stuff on top of stuff just to get a sale wen customers can't 'really afford it

Haha love it waving at them through window I havent had the pleasure of them nosing through my windows yet that will be next step as I haven't paid for 9 weeks n not paying them a penny more it's there own fault for letting people have stuff on top of stuff just to get a sale wen customers can't 'really afford it

Is it their fault or your fault?

That's the attitude that got this country into this mess in the first place.

Hi flemo.

I'm a bit confused. I can quite see that Perfect Homes shouldn't be taking money from a bank account without your consent, and why there shouldn't be PPI, and that they shouldn't harass you.

What I don't understand is why you aren't paying them now.

You've dealt with the bank account, can write and tell them not to harass you, and claim back PPI.

Unfortunately there is no cap on interest rates, so legally they can charge what they like.

You ask where you stand by not paying. Why not ask your cousin who's a solicitor.

We have company reps on the site to help resolve issues, but from your posts it seems that you are only interested in not paying. That's not what this site is about.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.