Help Required Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

This is my first post and before i start, i would like to say how great a site like this is. Reading through some success stories etc. It's nice to see people sharing their knowledge and helping people they have never even met.

Here's my situation.

I'm currently with the cccs and i have a DMP with 3 lenders;

HSBC loan (now with Metropol) -approx £11k left to pay, paid around 6k.

Barclay credit card - approx 2,500 left to pay, paid around 1k.

Old goldfish credit card (around 10 years old) - Approx £500.

The main thing is my loan. I currently pay just over £200 to cccs and they pay most of that to hsbc (metropol now).

After reading threads on this site i believe i could have alot of this loan reduced through PPI etc. This loan is now with Metropol but would they of brought the loan of HSBC for less then it is ? The loan is around 7 years old.

I went into HSBC the other day and enquired that as my income is alot better then it used to be, could i come off the CCCS and pay them more money directly. They said that my loan is closed with them and that i would need to call Metropol to discuss.

Can anyone advise what to do. I don't have any paperwork with regards to my loan so perhaps i could send one of the forms on this site ??

I have never missed a payment to the CCCS in around 4 years but after seeing a few stories on here, i can see that people like metropol buy the loan for less ?

I'm trying to determine if i could offer a chunk of money to pay it off and then move on to the other two lenders ???

Thanks in advance

Hi welcome to CAG.,

What a debt is sold for is not relevant here.

I suggest Subject Access Request Under the Data Protection Act 1998 to HSBC this will provide you with all the data on the account PPI/ charges etc.

there is a £10 statutory fee, they have 40 days to comply, there is a template you can use in the CAG library.

For the Barclays account I suggest you start a new thread in the BC forum so the two do not get confused.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

A CCA request is usually sent to the last party to contact you, and should produce a copy of the credit agreement + a statement of the account cost £1 there is a 12+2 days time scale for compliance.

A SAR== Subject Acess Request made under the Data Protection Act 1998 cost £10 the time scale is 40 days, it provides all data held on the data subject.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

A CCA request is usually sent to the last party to contact you, and should produce a copy of the credit agreement + a statement of the account cost £1 there is a 12+2 days time scale for compliance.

A SAR== Subject Acess Request made under the Data Protection Act 1998 cost £10 the time scale is 40 days, it provides all data held on the data subject.

Thanks, I'll send an sar then and go from there.

Do I send it to HSBC or metropol ?

Thanks guys, i'll get this sent tomorrow.

I take it i need to hand write the letter ?

Do i need to sign my signature ?

If they request me to go into the bank to collect it and they ask me to sign anything, do i or don't i ?

What happens if i don't hear back after 40 days ?

Do i need to inform CCCS ?

What would happen if i came of CCCS ? Can i still pay my 3 lenders direct ?

Sorry for the questions, i'm a novice to this and i just want to get it correct first time without missing anything.

Do you have all statements relating to the accounts? If not, send SAR's to each creditor as you could have PPI/Penalty fee's/charges to reclaim. This money wont go into your pocket, but will go towards removing some of the debt, especially with compound interest.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D