Car repossed and sold at auction...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, i have tried to explain this the best i can but sorry if it gets a bit confusing!

I took out a HP with ford finance on my ford fiesta. I got into some difficulty with the payments and i had phoned them to explain. I said that i was selling the car to ford busseys(Local ford dealership) and was just waiting until i could afford the excess money to cover the whole cost. Ford busseys offered me a price of £10,500 for my car...

Ford Finance phoned me up and told me that they had passed my debt onto Link Financial and they were now dealing with it. Next thing i know when i was at work Link phoned my mobile and told me that they were at my address to pick the car up. The car wasn't there as it was at ford busseys waiting to be sold. I told them where it was and they picked it up from Ford Busseys without me being there. I informed the bloke from Link that the they had agreed to pay £10,500, but he told me that it would go for more in auction with a reserve price.

I got a letter through the post yesterday stating that i now owed £2,700? I phoned up link to ask what the car had sold for and he said £7,000. and that my debt owed for the car was £10,200. I was told £12,500 when i was trying to sell the car.

My questions are;

Can they take my car without me signing anything?

&

Can they turn down a price which covers my debt and more? and then sell for nearly £3,000 less!!?

It just feels very unfair to me.

Thanks.