Compensation for Hot water and Electricity

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am private tenant living in rented flat. I had my short term lease starting Dec 2011. Since december there was no heat and hot water in the aprtment. I sent many reminder to landlord but he did seem bit intrested in fixing anything. After 2 months, in march 4th, I sent him communication regarding moving out due to these issue and his failure to address the same. He came in couple of days without any information in my absense. My family (Wife and children) were at home.

Now, he emailed me that it was my fault that I didn't turned on few switches .

Meanwhile, I had already given advance deposit to new place where I was plannig to shift. I went ahead with my move.

He has claimed my full deposit as rent due to lease break and now filed a case for damages repair against me.

What are my options here? Can I sue him for unavailability of essential utilities.

Also, he topup deposit from advance rent cheque against written agreement. Written agrement stated for 1 month deposit but he topped up for 2 stating that flat was untidy.

Need a bit more info.

date T started and when you actually left?

Deposit paid and was it protected?

was it correct that some switchs had to be turned on? was it avilable when you first moved in?

It would appear that the LL would have a claim for rent not paid.

Deposit in a scheme cannot be used to pay rent owed, can only be paid to LL for reasonable costs in damages or repairs to home.