old stayed bank charges issue - now carter has CCJ by default - help

marcelle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Everybody

I've been lurking on this wonderful forum for a couple of months now reading up on as much as possible whilst familiarising myself with knowledge through the conversatoins being carried out here - phew. I'm kinda stuck now but here's where I'm at:

I sent my SAR's letter mid December and received all my statements first week in January.

I'm now in the middle of completing Mindzai's easy-to-follow spreadsheet and looking to claim contractual compound interest at 29.84%. I have a Royalties Premier account.

I selected Minzai's contractual daily rate sheet as the correct spreadsheet for this but after having completed all cells, the calculations are telling me for the period from May 2004 until present charged at an interest daily rate of 0.07% (29.84% annually):

Total Penalty Amount Total Compound Interest

£1917 £719

Total Combined charge and interest

£2,636

Is this right as it seems a little low in comparision to other people's calculations for contractual compound interest even though I'm only claiming for just over 2 and a half years. Could one of you lovely maestros of Mind's spreadsheet let me know if i'm on the right track!!!

Also, the column that says Date Of Interest, do I insert the date the Interest charge was Withdrawn or do I insert the period of the date the Interest relates to:

ie. INT TO 21 APR A/C £10.94 7 May 2004

(do I insert the date as 21 April OR 7 May???)

Finally, the cell that says SCHEDULE OF CLAIM FOR CHARGES: FROM: is this supposed to be blank as I thought it would have automatically put the date of my very first charge or does it only do this if you complete the Charges & Interest spreadsheet?

Sorry to ask such spastic questions but I promise, I have read through the FAQ's and pretty much all threads under RBOS for more info on filling out these spreadsheets but couldn't see anything relating.

Thanks in anticiaption for your help! :)

LOVE YOU GUYS AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Sorry marcelle. Know I was supposed to look at this for you.

I've had a look now, not sure what copy you are using, it may be an outdated one. This one definately enters a date in the FROM.

Your interest question - you should enter the date the interest is charged for i.e. the period it is being applied to not the date you charge it.

Finally, the compound interest one - bit difficult to say without seeing your spreadsheet filled up. Depends on how far back you are going with your charges. If they are only recent, then this might be ok. If you have charges going back 6 years, this does seem a little low. If I had claimed contractual for my £2.7k claim I would have had and extra £3k+ on my claim.

Perhaps you should transfer your data across to the one I've linked and see what result you get there.

• Confused 1

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Thanks T4ff for all your help!

I can now see that the amount is correct (even though it doesn't seem much) because I am only claiming from May 2004 which makes it over 2 and a half years of compound interest.

Will be sending my preliminary letter off with my spreadsheet and await their response.

I will indeed be clicking on your scales T4ff :)

OK, before I send my prelim. off, I decided to check through a few more times to make sure all my figures were correct. It's just dawned on me that as a Royalties Premier account holder (well I actually cancelled last week as I never ever used their special thingies connected to it - waste of my money!), I know that it's £15 per month now but was it £15 per month back in 2003 because examining my statements, I had a few CHG to A/C XXX calculated at £10 or £14.40.

Does anyone know when the rate increased?

I want to make sure that I squeeze as much as my money back from them as possible.;)

10 might mean you were at some point a GOLD royalties customer.

IMO, just deduct it as you see fit. They probably won't even question it.

Didn't question mine at all.

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everybody :)

Here's my story:

Sent SAR's to Halifax on 11 December but they've expired their 40 days. Sent them a reminder letter on 26 February giving them another 7 days to cough up.... guess what? Nothing's arrived. So, sent letter to the Information Commissioner's today - here's looking at them, kid...

Marcelle I would give them a call hun.. have they cashed your cheque? I phoned for my statements and they arrived 7 days later!

AtMoSpHeRiC

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D

Halifax called me today and said they'd send the statements within a few day. At last... The Information Commissioners would have still got my application a few days ago so I think I'll have to contact them to let them know.

Also, I have had an overdraft of £500 with them for about 5 years and every month they charge interest on this....roughly £10 or so... my question is, can I claim back on the interest they charge or is that part of the overdraft agreement that I cannot claim for?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Fellow Claimants

Received a letter this morning from Sandy Watt offering me most of the amount in my claim as full and final settlement (excluding some, but not all of the contractual compound interest). I will accept this payment as partial settlement only and try to get the remaining money in interest.

My question is, do the banks agree to credit your account knowing full well you will be claiming back the rest in court or do they reject your partial acceptance, don't credit your account leaving you to pursue the full amount in court?

Appreciate you help!

OK, so no statements have arrived although last week the Halifax man said it should arrive on Monday 13 at the latest. I already reported them to the Info. Commissioners.

Would it be wise to give both Halifax and the Info Commissioners a ring tomorrow and find out what's going on, or should I wait for the Info. Commisioners to sort it out? And does anyone know how long the Info. commissioners take to deal with cases?

Responses appreciated!!!

The latter....

After much deliberating, umming and ah'ing and well as looking at the state of my finances, I have decided to settle with RBS. They did not offer my full settlement, which included contractual compounded interest totalling £3,200, but they did offer £2,900. I was prepared to take it to court stage for my full wack but I'm sick of eating pease pudding every day!!! Having said that, I will be claiming from Halifax now -when the statements finally arrve - and will see that through to the bitter end.

congrats! enjoy your first hearty meal :D

btw, considering your claim included CCI, I think that £300 off the full whack is pretty successful.

Thanks T4ff.... you've been especially helpful throughout my ordeal and learnt loads from you. Don't actually feel as good as if I'd have gone the whole hog but will make up for that with Halifax (God help them!)

OK, when the money gets deposited, how do i make a payment to this fantastic site? And, will the title of this be changed to Settled?

Since December, I have noticed RBOS have started charging me Service Charge of about £25 - £30 per month. What for???

I used to be a Royalties Premier member - paying £15 per month - but decided to give this up as I never took up any of their benefits.

Does anyone get charged for this and what the hell is it for.

Thanks!

Have you had an increase in Overdraft during that period? Might be that? No reason why you can't just ask your branch, can't see why they wouldn't be of help.

Thanks lively.... called the bank and they said it's because I was overdrawn by and fiver in January.... I don't get it as examing my statements again, this is not reflected in it at all. I will have to speak to them again...

It looks as if since I am no longer a member of their £15 per month Royalities scheme, they now charge me under Service Charge and it seems they take more money than before.... but I'm sure I wasn't overdrawn.... arghhhhhh!!!! I will have to go back and reclaim.... again! Boring!

• 1 month later...

HI All

At last I've received my statements after 4 months!!!!

Anyway, I've noticed this a few times in them:

1/1/00 Account Renewed £300.08 (credited)

1/1/00 Account Renewed £300.08 (debited)

Can I claim on this? It seems like I've been credited then it's been taken away. I just don't get it!!!

Hi there,

i had 2 entries the same as this on my statements, i think it had something to do with renewing overdrafts that were on a fixed term as my entries were for what i was overdrawn.

Flopper

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07