LPA Receiver guidance please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My LL's lender has had LPA R appointed. I believe I understand most of how this works but have 2 specific questions I can't find an answer for.

Does the LPA R have the legal right to chase me for a small amount of rent arrears dating from before they took over? It's less than a month, so fairly insignificant in the bigger picture. I would argue the debt resides with the LL but I'm not sure if it transfers to the LPA R. I would argue I only pay the LPA R rent as from the date they took over pro rata. Thoughts?

My deposit is with the DPS and is protected but has the original LA as the "other half". Not had any dealings with the LA since the 1st fixed 6 month AST ran out, been dealing with the LL direct, but we never bothered to transfer it. The LPA R now want me to assign them as the other half now - they say they need my permission. Sounds all a bit hooky to me. Advice?

Thanks

It would seem logical that as the LL is now insolvent the protection should now be in the receivers name. LA has nothing to do with it now, as suspect they have become a debtor.

Receiver should and nust try and and get all monies owed to the original LL.

I suppose it makes sense the debt transfers to them, just wasn't sure if that was enshrined in law.

The advice re: the deposit makes sense too.

Thanks to both of you.

Not sure about that, but if you feel they do not have the right then ressit and see what they do, just looking at it from a normal receivership, when all debts are chased, that is their duty.

they may take you to court and it will be up to the court to decde then.