Capital One PPI / Internet application

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,.

Could I have some advise please

I have a Capital One credit card which I have request PPI to be reclaimed.

After waiting almost 5 months for a reply (December to June) with letters inbetween saying that they are very busy etc etc

they replied to say that I applied for the credit card online and ticked the PPI so therefore I agreed.

Obviously I dont remember clicking the button to ask for PPI (can never see I would ask for extra money to be added each month to be honest!)

Is there ever any way around appealing this?

What is more frustrating is that they are STILL added on PPI despite the letter in December to say I don't need it.

Would be grateful for any advice before I write back to them again or contact the F.Ombudsman.

Ask them to provide proof of their assertion that you applied for the PPI. Request copies of the screenshots of the application.

In days gone by many lenders used pre-ticked boxes. At the very least that meant you had to opt out (which is a no no) and others would not allow your application to continue unless the box was ticked.

What reasons did you give for the mis-sale?

Also remind them that the PPI was cancelled in December and ask them to put in writing why they are still adding it when tou have put in writing that it should be cancelled.