dont even know where to start! im gona be in debt my whole life!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone

oh i dont even know where to start here!

i seem to have debt letters coming out of my ears! here who and what they are...

i have rent arrears of £700 with the council who are threatening to seek possesion

i owe £230 to lloyds from a very old account (i got back £1400 banck charges an this is all thats left) and its now with westcott

i owe £800 to a catalogue (now with moorcroft)

i owe £300 to monument for an old closed credit card (yes i ahve tried an failed to get my ppi back from them twice)

and fredricksons and brian carter are chasing me for £2100 from a catalogue, (which when i had to stop paying as i was off work due to illness the balance to this catalouge was £900) i have wrote to them asking for the amount owed to be revised as i feel its unfairthe amount of charges and fees that have been applied, the replied saying the will contact their client and be in touch.

argh im not refusing to pay but dont know where to start, im not on the highest wage and due to my medical probs and sickness i could possibly be going in front of a panel to try and keep my job but dont look good, so cant commit fully incase i do lose my job!!

any advice before i pull all my hair out!! thank you in advance xxx

Hi Sammy,

If you've read around these forums you'll have seen that you are not alone - there are lots of people who are in debt and struggling to cope with the letters and phonecalls from the DCA's, but I'm sure you will also have seen that debt can be managed to suit your affordability.

Obviously your rent arrears are the most important problem to tackle, all other debts with DCA's can take a backseat until that is sorted and if you can only afford to pay them £1 a month then so be it.

It's always a good idea to complete a budget sheet to get picture of what you can realistically afford to pay towards your debt - in your case the priority is the roof over your head. I have affixed a budget sheet for you - it calculates automatically as you fill it in. Let us know when you have completed it and we'll advise further.

Budget Sheet.xls

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

great advise

ignore the rest

get that nt sorted

£1 PCM for EVERYONE else.

check your CRA file too

see below noddle is free

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi there, when you click on the file you should see "Open with" scroll down and pick Open Office Calc you should then be able to use it. Save it to your PC before filling it in.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.