Landlord Inspection - What To Expect?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Had notification on Monday of an inspection this Friday of the house I rent by the letting agent on behalf of the landlord.

I am midway through painting the property, colours I chose and have agreed when I said I was painting, I would paint back to white when I eventually move out if the colours aren't suitable, mind when I moved in there was a bright pink wall in the living room.

My main worry is that I am doing this painting alone and the ceilings too high in my bedroom for me to complete on my own, waiting for my boyfriend to come over so he can paint the tops of the walls so my bedroom painting wise does look a mess at the moment.

Will the letting agent have any problems with how my bedroom and the rest of the house looks bearing in mind its midway through painting?

Also what else should I expect them to look at and maybe pick up on?

Its a home I clearly live in, its not a mess but its not tidy either, I have books all over the place as I am a bookworm.

The house was unfurnished except for a washing machine and fridge freezer in the kitchen.

Any help and advice welcome.

Thanks

Was the agreement for decorating verbal or do you have anything in writing? Did you agree with LL or the agent?

I wouldn't worry too much, you're still living there and as you say the decorating is underway, aslong as the agent is aware. It would be a good idea to make it as tidy as possible though.