Rockwell DCA - next step advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I hope someone can help advise us on how to proceed - this is what has happened so far:

My partner of 2 years and I have recently started living together in rented accommodation. Since filling out the electoral roll and opening up a joint bank account, my partner has received letters from Pace Forward, and then Rockwell, requesting payment of £14,500 to settle a debt owed to their client Lloyds bank.

My partner had a joint bank account with his previous girlfriend and, yes, they did get in a mess back in 2008 when they split up. However. can they make him pay the whole amount himself? Because she's disabled and unable to work, he wont ask her to contribute and she lives on benefits anyway.

We sent Rockwell the standard non-acknowledgement of debt letter a couple of months ago and asked them for proof. Today they sent copies of bank statements from Lloyds. The funny thing about these is that they go from an overdrawn balance of £14500 to a zero balance! The last statement entry (in Jan 2009) shows a TFR Transfer in the paid column of the whole amount owed and a balance £0.00. Would this be because Lloyds sold the debt on?

We want to get further proof from Rockwell as to whether the money is actually owed to them or Lloyds, so what documentation should we ask them for?

Basically I'm scared that baliffs will call and start taking things away. Thankfully the property is rented, but the majority of furnishings, a caravan, and car are things I bought with my own money (all prior to us living together apart from my car) - could these be taken unless I can prove they are mine?

After re-reading this it sounds like my partner is a low life who spent money that wasn't his and then left a disabled partner. This couldn't be further from the truth - he's a honest, hard working man who was taken to the cleaners by a woman who plays the benefits system. Sorry - rant over!

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as they have only given us 10 days to respond.

Thank you

Edited by scaredecat

pers i'd ignore them

rocky & pace forward are very much bottom feeders

lloyds would have sold it on as there is no-way this

would ever get to court because it is all charges

so prime for a counter claim.

just remember

DCA's hve NO LEAL POWERS

they are NOT bailiffs and never ever will be

forget it and get on with your life

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply dx.

These people seem to be persistent and the worrying about what'll happen next is really getting us down.

My partner's ex is now saying she'll declare herself bankrupt in order to get rid of the debts she racked up on their joint accounts, so my man could end up getting hit for everything even though he did none of the spending.

Try not to second guess what might happen.

As for DCA's, they all too often come out with playground threats, but they have absolutely NO LEGAL powers whatsoever.

The only thing that will happen next is that you'll be inundated with petty puerile deforestation spat out by idiotic DCA computers,

filled with lots of psychological threats, none of which have any real meaning.

You have to ask yourself why has it taken this long before anyone has ever done anything about it?

If they were serious about getting their money back, then the bank, NOT a DCA would have done so within the first 12 months of it owing.

The bank has been paid for this already, and then they have made a profit out of it by selling it to a circus.

The circus will have bought this for as little as 6 pence in the pound, which they won't tell you of course, hence why they make such massive profits, even if they offer a discount of 50 or 70% they will still be making a profit.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka,

Cripes! They only pay 6pence to the pound - unbelievable! My partner and I have been discussing the situation most of this evening, amid tears and every other negative emotion you can think of.

We were thinking of sending Rockwell a letter asking them to prove that they were acting on Lloyds behalf, (in the letter they refer to them as their 'client').

How would Rockwell have obtained copy statements from Lloyds unless they were acting on their behalf?

It's also really weird that the statements have a final entry that looks like the whole amount owing has been paid!

On one date they state the account is overdrawn by £14500.00 and then 4 days later an entry appears in the transaction activity column called 'TFR Transfer' with the figure of £14500.00 showing in the 'paid in' column - so now the balance on the account is £00.00! It's bizarre!

Would Lloyds show the balance on the account as settled if Rockwell bought the debt?????

I wonder if it is an auditing ploy to make the figures look good to existing shareholders, and to prospective investors.

[Thinks] Are there still people out there, who have money, "invested", in bank shares?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Banks are a law unto themselves - I haven't a clue how they operate. But why they would supply statements showing a zero balance, to a DCA who are supposedly chasing a £14000.00 debt on their behalf, mystifies me!

I suspect a sleepless night will be spent!