CSA address to serve a CC claim

sailor sam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know what address of the CSA I would serve a Small Claim at? They seem to be reluctant to give me one apart from their complaints address which I have already written to and am getting nowhere.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Basically it's a matter of principal. I was having my payments paid straight into the bank (I am a single father btw) every 2 weeks. Then back in June I got a payment through the post (cheque) with a letter telling me it would be more convenient if I were to have my payments paid into my bank! I attempted to contact them using the telephone number stated on the letter which turned out to be wrong so I Googled to find another number. It took me to an officially looking contact service complete with CSA Logo but it was one of these premium phone directory services. The call lasted almost 7 minutes and when I got my bill, it had cost be almost £11.

I then found (through Direct Gov) another number for the CSA which I rang to make a complaint and told them that I expected them to reimburse the cost of my phone call. I followed it up in writing enclosing their letter with the incorrect number on it and a copy of my phone bill.

So far they have not responded so every time I chase them up, I am given the run around because (as you probably know) you always speak to someone different and sometimes at a different office. They are even telling me that my payments have always been by cheque when they havn't and when I told them that I did get my last payment (after making the complaint) paid into the bank, they said there was no record of that! They are a total shambles!

So I have decided to peruse them and if necessary i'll have my day in court.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

UPDATE; still no response so I rang them again to day to chase them up and apparently they never received my letter so have asked me to re-send it. So I will do but attached will be an LBA as well giving them 14 days to cough. Is there a government department I could take this matter to or shall I just bang in a CC claim? I certainly am not going to let it go. I know they wouldn't if I owed them money!

Please Note

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

A few phone calls later they have no record of my complaint. I lodged it by phone on 27th July backed up in writing with a copy of their 'rogue' letter. I have since sent another.

Last Thursday they rang me to finally say that my complaint was now with the appropriate department and they have 30 days to respond. I said firmly, 'No they havn't' I will be speaking to my MP tomorrow.

Please Note

Thanks. Yes I agree that the amount is small but it's not about the money, it's about their incompetence. I have followed what I regard is a reasonable process. I first contacted them by phone to 'register' my complaint which I followed up by a letter enclosing a copy of their letter with the incorrect phone number on and a copy of my phone bill. Since then I have phoned them a number of times since (obviously speaking to someone different each time) and eventually sent another letter (again with the enclosures). only recently have THEY responded saying that I have to wait a further 30 days for them to investigate.

The question begs; if the boot was on the other foot, would they wait over 2 months for me to respond to their demands if I was at fault? I don't think so. Last year they came down on me like a ton of bricks because apparently I had incurred arrears on a claim my ex partner had made even though my son had begun living with me! I couldn't understand how the arrears had come about but I paid them never the less within 3 months.

Why should they be allowed to take as long as they like dealing with a complaint of which is clearly their fault?

Anyway, today I have spoken to my MP's office who is going to look into it for me. I'm certainly not going to let them drag this out any further if I can help it.

Please Note

• 2 months later...

FURTHER UPDATE

Despite them saying I would get a response 'in 30 working days' (in their letter dated 25th September), I am still waiting. However, they have responded to my MP admitting that my details were 'deleted by mistake' but are refusing to accept liability for the cost of my phone call.

Well sorry, but that isn't good enough. Had they not deleted my bank details, I would not of needed to contact them. Had the telephone umber on their letters been correct, I would not of had to search for another number. So I don't consider that I should be out of pocket due to their incompetence and I have contacted my MP again who is going to ask them to re-consider their position.

I have also written to them again stating that not only their administration is a shambles but so is their complaints procedure and as such, I will not let this go. If need be, I will let a judge decide who is responsible for my inconvenience. I've given them 14 days to respond.

I will keep you posted.

Please Note

• 2 weeks later...

FURTHER UPDATE;

Got a telephone call from them on Tuesday admitting they have handled my case very badly and will be refunding my 'expenses' with a letter of apology which I should get in the next 14 days. I said it needs to arrive by 10th December as stated on my LBA as I think they have had long enough. The guy said he will 'fast track it'.

Today I get a letter acknowledging my LBA saying they received it on the 30th November. The letter basically says 'sorry that you have found our service below standard and we will look into your complaint and respond within 15 days'. The tone of the letter suggests they are treating my complaint as being 'new'. It is also from a female but the phone call was from a man.

So it looks like I won't get anything by the 10th December which means I will issue a claim on Tuesday.

Please Note