CCi Legal overseas debt from 2004/5

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a debt from Holland of 35k euro from 2004/5

recently had a letter from cci legal saying they were acting on behalve of the client to recover the debt

Some very helpful folk here told me it couldnt be enforced therefore to forget it as i have never aknowledged this debt in holland or here ever!

Had a letter today saying i had 10 days to pay...lol! or they would get the clients permission to take this further and start legal proceedings which could be enforced by bankruptcy etc etc

am i right in thinking this debt is statute barred it has never been on my credit file it was a default on a mortgage in 2004 when the work dried up the property was auctioned i found out and obviously a dutch agency passed the debt on to Cci legal

Anyone have any ideas where i stand this is begining to get worrying

thanks.

The Limitations Act requirement for statute barred in England and Wales is 6 years no payments or acknowledgment in writting, the limitation on Mortgages under seal is 12 years, but in E & W the Council of Mortgage Lenders state their members will not pursue after 6 years, so this will depend on the lender and

of course the relevant law/regs in the country in which the contract was made.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You will need to read through the Dutch Civil Code to check the Statute of Limitations which can be a bit of a minefield according to http://www.dutchcivillaw.com/content/legalsystem011.htm

You may be able to find something of use at http://www.dutchcivillaw.com/ who invite questions by email.