Tesco credit card PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to Tesco a month or so ago to reclaim the PPI payments made on my credit card account,

I received the first letter thanking me for my letter etc and that they are looking in to it and will reply withiin 8 weeks.

Today i received their final response which reads....

I have reviewed your concerns and the information we hold from when you added PPI to your credit card account.

I have been able to confirm that your applications were completed via out postal application service.

The application form that you completed gave you the option to include PPI by ticking the box to add cover.

The decision to include the policy was made by you upon the application form where you ticked the relevant selection box.

The box was not pre-selected, and if you did not wish to include the cover on your account you were able to proceed wihtout it.

There was no obligation to take out the policy and this would not affect your application for the credit card.

I can confirm I have a copy of your agreement that shows a tick in the box confirming your request for PPI,

and I am satisfied it was not added automatically.

It goes on a bit more outlining the 30 day cancellation period etc,

then goes on to say there was no distinction between employed

and self employed and that being self employed i would be able to make a claim for sickness as long as i provide proof,

then the letter goes on to say I would be able to make an unemployment claim as long as my business had stopped trading involuntarily,

was being wound up, was in the hands of an insolvency practitioner or was part of a partnership that was being dissolved.

Tesco bank had a duty to provide you with enough information about PPI for you to make an informed choice in deciding to add cover to your credit card,

on this occasion they say they provided enough information and therefore are unable to agree with the concerns i have raised.

Is it worth me writing back to Tesco or should I just put it in the hands of the FOS?

I'd ask Tesco to provide a copy of that agreement.

Generally speaking PPI is useless to the self employed and so ask them for a copy of the documents they are referring to about sickness etc.

They say they have them so they can supply copies.

I'd ask Tesco to provide a copy of that agreement.

Generally speaking PPI is useless to the self employed and so ask them for a copy of the documents they are referring to about sickness etc.

They say they have them so they can supply copies.

This is what I have thought since I found out that being self employed I could never really be eligible to claim on the PPI for what is in reality 'being out of work',

I mean if I accept a job and it gets cancelled I then am in effect 'out of work' but there is no way I would be able to claim

unless I ceased trading which would never happen as I would then be doing so voluntarily which would void the claim!

I will write back to Tesco and report back when I have a reply

• 5 weeks later...

I sent a letter back to Tesco (recorded delivery) asking them to send me a copy of the T&C's that were applicable at the time of the PPI

being included on the credit card account, the letter was signed for on August 14 and to date i have had no reply back from them!

I'm thinking I should write again, asking for a copy of the T&C's and telling them to respond within 14 days,

if I receive no reply I will assume they are unable to supply me with a copy.

This will be more ammunition for me as the next step will be the FOS

• 4 weeks later...

I wrote to Tesco to reclaim the PPI from a credit card I held with them (I'm self employed),

their reply was to deny my claim on the grounds I had all the information available when I ticked the box to say I wanted PPI,

I had to write to them twice to send me a copy of the terms and conditions (which they eventually did).

Any pointers or is there a template available for my reply letter to them to strenghten my claim?

(I'm sure i had a previous thread started but couldn't find it)

There won't be a template becasue each case to be challenged is different.

I assume that the T&Cs confirm that the self employed would not be able to claim?

The T&C's I guess are standard as far as self emplyment is concerned, they state that the business must cease trading etc.

I will sit down and compose another letter and see where I get with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well it has been approx 10 weeks and arriving home from work today a letter waiting for me from Tesco,

straightforward letter informing me they have applied £xx against the outstanding arrears on my credit card account with them,

I was expecing this but they have also taken the 8% interest and applied that to the outstanding balance also !

I was under the impression the interest had to be paid to me?

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks