Made redundant after 9 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Sorry if this post is misplaced or echoes another previously posted also I wont mention any names or any personal details in this as I am purely after guidance and dont intend to cause anybody any trouble.

I was offered and accepted a job in a small catering business at 40 hours per week. The buisness only employed three full time staff.

After nine days of work I was informed by the buisness owner i would be let go due to slow business. Effective immediately I was made redundant and have in writing it was due to no fault of my own. Nether other members of staff knew about this and neither have had there hours reduced or lost there positions.

I have asked and received in writing that I have been let go due to no fault in my performance but due to slow trade.

I do feel slightly hard done by as there was no consultation and I seem to have been the sacrificial lamb in all this mess.

I had no official written contract but a verbal one and a mixture of email and text exchanges and had also completed in my own time a food hygiene accreditation at the request of business owner,

Just wondering if anyone can help advice me if I have any rights on this or if I lust need to accept I have been unfortunate

Thanks for reading and if you want any more detail i will be happy to respond

Cheers!

I'm afraid you just have to accept it. Technically they can let you go for any (non discriminatory) reason after only 9 days - I don't think this is a true redundancy situation.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

It really sucks that he must have known business was slow before taking you on. I really hope you didn't give up another job for it.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Sadly I did be it part time. The biz only opened 9 days ago after a months delay in my starting date.I think the guy must have either been delusional or stupid to believe it would be in a profitable position after only 9 days. Reckless with other peoples security has been my main feeling.