hoseasons credit control

toplad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we booked a holiday last oct, 2011 for this aug 2012, with hoseasons. we did this on the low deposit offer they had on at the time of booking.

because i work for the nhs i should have got some sort of discount and had to ring through for this to be applied.

after thinking all was well, we sat back. we recieved no confirmation of booking via email or mail. several weeks went by and still nothing. i rang them and informed them that i still had no confirmation and wanted that details of the booking and when to pay. still nothing although i was told they did send it though and i should check my junk mail.

althogether i must have rung them about 3-4 times asking for this and giving them two other email address.

AND STILL NOTHING.

i decided to give it up for a bad job and aranged an alternative for the family. i have now just recieved a letter informing me that unless a make a full payment of the arranged deposit they are going to take me to court in the next 14 days., and get a CCJ.

i have made contact stating i never recieved any confirmationa - they have told me, that they will give another chance and i can rebook for next year at the same place.

i have told them i do not want a holiday with them after being treated like this.

am i leaglly bound by a contract and are they going to take me to court???

Hi Toplad and sorry this went unanswered so long.

It's important that you respond to their communications by letter or email. Phone calls will count for little if you are involved in any court action.

It sounds like, when you last called, they recognised this was THEIR fault and they're taking no further action. They've also tried to talk you into using them again next year, which you obviously don't want to do.

To avoid the risk of them taking any further action, I suggest you respond to the threat of court action by writing to them with the heading - Formal Complaint. I also think you have every right to the return of any deposit they took from you, although it's not clear if you did, in fact, pay the deposit.

Write to the Office Manager or a Director at their Head Office. Enclose as a separate sheet a very brief summary of events in a chronological list.

In the letter, point out that you repeatedly contacted the bookings people to confirm that you'd received nothing, but each time there was still no response from them.

Then, having lost any remaining confidence in their ability to deal with your holiday requirements, you had no choice but to make alternative arrangements.

You then received their demand for the deposit to be paid and their threat of court action if you did not pay.

Tell them you require confirmation that it was THEY who were at fault for not responding to your repeated requests for written confirmation.

Accordingly, you now require from them :-

1. Acknowledgement that they were at fault.

2. The return of any deposit paid.

3. Confirmation that the threat of court action to recover money from you is now withdrawn.

Tell them you expect a full response within 14 days.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

thanks will give it a go

Hi Toplad and sorry this went unanswered so long.

It's important that you respond to their communications by letter or email. Phone calls will count for little if you are involved in any court action.

It sounds like, when you last called, they recognised this was THEIR fault and they're taking no further action. They've also tried to talk you into using them again next year, which you obviously don't want to do.

To avoid the risk of them taking any further action, I suggest you respond to the threat of court action by writing to them with the heading - Formal Complaint. I also think you have every right to the return of any deposit they took from you, although it's not clear if you did, in fact, pay the deposit.

Write to the Office Manager or a Director at their Head Office. Enclose as a separate sheet a very brief summary of events in a chronological list.

In the letter, point out that you repeatedly contacted the bookings people to confirm that you'd received nothing, but each time there was still no response from them.

Then, having lost any remaining confidence in their ability to deal with your holiday requirements, you had no choice but to make alternative arrangements.

You then received their demand for the deposit to be paid and their threat of court action if you did not pay.

Tell them you require confirmation that it was THEY who were at fault for not responding to your repeated requests for written confirmation.

Accordingly, you now require from them :-

1. Acknowledgement that they were at fault.

2. The return of any deposit paid.

3. Confirmation that the threat of court action to recover money from you is now withdrawn.

Tell them you expect a full response within 14 days.

:-)