Vodafone default non fault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i'm new to the forum so not exactly sure how it all works but I hope someone can help me with this one.....

Basically I have been issued a default on my credit file by Vodafone through no fault of my own, after speaking to them they don't seem to be offering any help either.

Basically I have just arrived back in the country after a 2.5 month trip abroad.

prior to leaving I rang up Vodafone and requested to freeze/ suspend the account for 3 months I requested that Vodafone add 3 extra months onto the tail end of the 24 mnth contract in order to fulfill my 24 month contractual agreement.

I was given a ref for the call and also confirmed on the call 3 times that;

• I understood the agreement meant i would not pay anything for 3 months.
  • That I would not have use of the phone.
  • Upon my return I would simply call Vodafone and reinstate DD to resume contract as normal.
  • I did not have to make any payments prior to leaving.

The following day my contract was suspended and my calls were blocked as expected. However, after my return to the UK I rang up Vodafone to again set up the DD and resume the contract.

At which point I was told;

• I Had to make a substantial payment due to an accrued amount of outstanding payments
  • My contract has been cancelled
  • Worst of all my a DEFAULT has been registered on my credit file. ie... credit has been irreparably damaged (I have spent 4 painstaking years bending over backwards to keep it in check, running my own business and a family, the negative repercussions are countless.)

After hearing this i gave the reference from the original call made to Voda, explained the situation and asked to be put through to someone with greater authority to resolve the issue....

I was put through to... COLLECTIONS!!! to make the payment I asked what could be done as was told that as all departments are separate from each other there was nothing any individual in any one department could do to resolve the matter.. however the Vodafone collections agent did apologize for the error of her colleague adding it must be frustrating to deal with such consequences due to misinformation and showed adequate empathy.....while simultaneously telling me to like it or lump it.:-x

Having rang up to reinstate a direct debit and discuss options on how to go about replacing a damaged phone,, to say I was majorly p!$$%) is an understatement.

Having just returned from a lengthy stay abroad I really hope there is something that can be done.

I'm not even sure whether to pay off the arrears until it is all resolved. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have 3 young children and am trying to run a family home and business..

For me my credit rating is of paramount importance to me, as it is to anyone I suppose.

What i need to know is how can i get my DEFAULT TOTALLY REMOVED by Vodafone, i know they can put a note on the credit file saying debt satisfied but this doesn't cut it with lenders...I know!!

I understand that there are some people from Vodafone who actively read these forums, any suggestions.

I essentially would like to resume a normal contractual relationship with Vodafone, but can not do so until this is all resolved.:argue:

Hi and welcome to CAG!

We have a Vodaphone rep on CAG who may be able to help.

Hi CAGlink31.gif members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAGlink31.gif is with the very best of intentions.

vodafonelink3.gif UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at customer.care@help.vodafo ne.co.uk quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Hi Disgruntled vodafone user,

Thanks for making me aware of the concerns you have here.

To enable me to get matters looked into further could you email me as suggested by havinastella via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

If the original CS didn't update your record with notes that back you up then it will be your word against theirs. However, why would you get the phone blocked for 3 months while you were abroad if they hadn't agreed about the charges and why else would you have cancelled the direct debit?

Hi 2grumpy,

Exactly, the actions speak for themselves i explained it in my second call with vodafone.

My wife had attempted to do the same thing with T mobile as she accompanied me on my trip.

T-mobile replied it simply wasn't something that they did, so we would have to continue paying the minimum line rental as usual.

when given a simple NO you make arrangements and carry on... at that point I turned around to the Mrs and said it shows how reasonable Vodafone are as a Telco company!!

Anyways hopefully Lee can help me further at least they have a web team who actually do try to sort out these cases.

sorry just realized didn't paste the reference:

WRT135 – CAG Forum [#9606578]‏

Thanks for coming back to me.

Having checked our emails I can confirm that I've got your and so please be assured that I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Re: WRT135 - Cag forum [#9613435]

Hi Strongereveryday,

I've got yours and so will get in touch with you too.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks Lee

No worries Jogs.

Hi Lee,

Ive emailed you again with a detailed summary of events, hope this helps speed up the process.

I've received your most recent email and will aim to get back in touch with you later this afternoon.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK