Scotcall Letter

Nellz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im new here, and to this.

Basically when i was in university a few years ago (2006) i cancelled an o2 account.

Handling money properly was not on my mind!!

i have received 2 emails and 2 maybe 3 letters from Scotcall now.

It was originally from Lowell (who last yr seemed to get hold of my bank details to make a payment, but my bank got it back and classed it as fraud)

I since spoke to Lowell, and asked them about the o2 account (as to be honest i had completely forgot about)

He became very defensive stating 'was i disputing the debt' i said i would just like some proof of this.

Which he said that it was possible that a mobile phone contract would not have a signed agreement, so he does not need to show proof.

He advised that the debt was from 2006 with o2, and they took it over in 2010.

Scotcall have emailed and wrote to me stating that someone will call at my home address.

(which is my family home, and no longer live there, and they do no want to face my mum!)

Any advice for me?

Shall i just set up a payment scheme with them, or can i request payment slips? as i do not want a direct debit.

KR

Hi Nellz and welcome to CAG!

Scotscall can do exactly NOTHING!

Have a look in the library and send the prove it. harresment and doorstep letters. Use the same envelope and put a 2nd class stamp on it.

Of course they have to prove you owe the debt ot you also owe me £1000.

Don't engage with the monkeys on the phone (unless you can record them)

Jogs

Ok,

Iwill send the letter tomorrow alongside the £1 postal order

Should i not send it recorded delivery?

Nellz

You have picked the wrong letter. The prove it letter does not include a £1. That is for a CCA request which does not apply to mobile phone contracts.

The letter you need is this. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Don't bother with recorded. Just get a proof of posting note from the post office.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yep and even send it 2nd class, this shows them exactly how far up on your list of priorities this really is....right at the bottom.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!