Vodafone Refusing to Comply with their Terms and Conditions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I took out my Pay Monthly contract with Vodafone, I was living in an alternative address to the Account Holder. I bought over the phone and asked for my phone to be delivered to the alternative address. They said they couldn't, and sent it to the account holder's address. My parent then brought me the phone from that address.

Not once was it mentioned that having an alternative address to the account holder meant that if I had network issues in the area, nothing could be done about it, which is what I have just been done by a Senior Account Representative. This representative said that it was a Verbal Agreement, of which I was not informed of.

In the terms and conditions on Vodafone's website, it says that if you do not have network coverage for 7 days in a row, your contract can be terminated by them, with no charges on your behalf.

Seeing as there has been temporary issues within the network, my calls are failing constantly, neither phone nor sim card, nor alternative phone, nor alternative sim card are working. This means that until April 2014, I am unable to have a working phone, or alternatively have to pay the contract cancellation fee of £425 (for a non working phone).

I am astonished that this is how Vodafone, a massive company, works.

It's my father's account. However, that isn't the issue. We have five numbers on that account.

The issue is that when I took the contract out, I was already living in an alternate address, and now I am having network issues, they are saying that because the account holder's address, my father's address, is in a different location, they cannot help me with my network issues.

How long ago was the phone delivered to the account holders address?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

In November 2011.

I have the phone.

That is not the issue.

The issue is that the network is atrocious in my town. I am a university student living away from home and have been the whole time I have had this particular contract. My father is the account holder, and he lives at a different address.

Apparently, this means that I have to stay with bad network until 2014 when I can leave Vodafone, continuing to pay £26 a month for something that I cannot use. I am having to find alternative phone arrangements. Surely, this cannot be the case.

Follow this advice

Hi CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at customer.care@help.vodafone.co.uk quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

See if they can sort a "suresignal" for ya.

Also, coverage is NEVER in the T&C

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi Cranson,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns here.

Whilst the address at which you're using the service at differs from the account address we have this wouldn't prevent us from investigating any networks issues being experienced.

Having checked our emails I can confirm that I've got yours and so I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

In regard to the Terms and Conditions you've quoted I'm afraid that matters aren't quite as straightforward as you've perhaps interpreted. For clarification on these please see Clause 11b here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK